auto-logoff and cookies??

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by burninbush, Jan 19, 2008.

1. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Not sure what's happening here, but I'm experiencing logoffs that appear to be done by the board software? Is there some checkbox for how long it will tolerate inactivity? I got bumped a few minutes ago while I was reading a thread, and then getting myself logged back on caused the loss of a reply I had composed.

And is 'deleted all cookies' a setting that could be changed? Not sure what's happening with this feature either, except that I always have to do some manual intervention to logon -- and it isn't obvious that checking the 'remember me' box does anything at all. For most boards that I visit, logons are done automatically, at least filling in the boxes is done automatically, by Firefox. The old board worked that way for me, this new software doesn't. I'm guessing this is related to deleting cookies.

Edit: after doing some FAQ reading, I see a note that this [auto-logon] setting is something specified when you register -- so that detail must not have gotten xferred from the old board for my account. I checked every item in User CP, don't see anyplace to set this for an existing member.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  2. ray55classic

ray55classic In Third Gear

mine's working fine ,with none of the afore mentioned problems. as far as the cookies, the macadamian nut ones are tasty!!...........ray:rolleyes:

3. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Something else curious about the board -- seems I must leave a thread showing new posts via that Forum Jump Go button below, else it won't clear the new posts indicator.

As you were -- trivial problem.

The good news is: this board does remember what I've already read, an issue I had with the old board.