BANNED

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by 1965 Ranchero 66G, Sep 4, 2017.

1. cbolt

cbolt In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Back on topic, I vote they come back from their banning. Too pedestrian without them around. The ignore feature works great. You don't see posts or avatars of ignored members. That's how I keep my blood pressure down :)

Cindy and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.
  2. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

I would also like to see both TestDummy and FF back. I agree that sometimes things can get a little out of hand, and focusing it one one person in particular is never a cool thing, but hopefully they will have learnt their lesson by now and be a little more mindful of when to reign it. As others have said, although this is a small site, it is on the whole a decent bunch for the most part with a wealth of useful knowledge that i know i find valuable, so lets not ruin it folks.

3. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

I couldn't agree more, well said.

4. Jeff B

Jeff B In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

The banning was self inflicted, and there was a lot of slack given beforehand. I can give TD credit for the help he gave me, but it was up to him on how to handle himself in a public place. Like it or not, I have to face change, it's what I choose to do with it that brings a positive outcome.

5. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

If you look at the date from FMF I was referred here by that post and didn't start here until 13 days later and another two - three weeks before they arrived down here from CA. It wasn't until they arrived here that I found that what I was told was a G was actually a B.

6. russosborne

russosborne In Third Gear

I had actually quit coming here, for the second time in the last two years, due to some of the posts/attitudes of a few here. But I was surprised when I came back this morning and saw that some people got banned.

Personally, I don't care for the "banter" that goes on here. That is why I took a year or more vacation from here before. Most forums I am on would have stopped it long before this. But obviously I am in the minority at least among those posting here. So I will deal with it for as long as I can stomach it and then take another vacation from here.

Along with the comment about other forums above, most forums I am on would not allow this conversation to go on. Talking about things that mods do tend to get shut down fast on those forums.

Just my opinion.

Russ