Bed Cover

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by tangus68, Aug 6, 2018.

1. tangus68

tangus68 In First Gear

Hi guys, I have a 68 500 that I am wanting to put a tarp bed cover on but cant seem to find one for sale anywhere. Dearborn Classics used to sell one but they don't anymore, any ideas on where I can find one?

andrewok1 likes this.
  2. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

YOU COULD GET A LOCAL BOAT SHOP TO MAKE ONE, they are part of our past not available / good luck Andy

tangus68 likes this.
  3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I think you're talking about a tonneau cover; if so, do a Google search for '1968 Ranchero tonneau cover' or talk to boat shop or an upholsterer like Huevos on this site. Make sure it has bows under it so it doesn't turn into a swimming pool.

tangus68 likes this.
  4. tangus68

tangus68 In First Gear

Thanks.

5. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    andrewok1 likes this.
  6. pbsdaddy

pbsdaddy In Second Gear

My wife, (at the time), made one for my 64 F100. We went to the local fabric store, (joannes), and found a nice heavy black vinyl. We bought 3 yards of 48 inch wide material, Measured out the bed length and width, cut the material in half, lengthwise, then stitched the two halves together, crosswise. You may not have to do that on a Ranchero because the bed may not be a full 48 inches wide. We then cut the material to the length and width of the bed, plus three inches. We centered the seam, of the two halves at the center of the length of the bed, with the seam going across the bed. We then stitched a one inch wide border around the entire piece, pulled the tarp tight and located our snap points on the bed cap, on top of the fenders. Bought heavy duty snaps at the same fabric store and installed the appropriate sections on the bed rail and tarp. It looked great and worked like a champ. Iyou want bows, you can find the parts for those at any big box lumber store.

7. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

thanks Huevos , I stand corrected ,forgot about Crafttech