Bed Drain Cover

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by RancheroRandy, Nov 5, 2018.

1. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Fourth Gear

Got the bed drain cover hinged...first project to make the new heap "mine"....plenty on the list = $$$ Hinged Bed Drain Cover.jpg

2. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Perfect place to stash a shotgun, rifle, and ammunition.

3. RancheroRandy

How'd you know? ;)
    I'm old enough to remember the "good old days" when you didn't have to stash them...hang 'em in the pick-up and go to HS with them...

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  4. RancheroRandy

So I rerouted the fuel line today. Interesting how some people "overcome" problems, namely the fuel line lying on the exhaust: header wrap, that will do 'er! Sheesh... Fuel line mess.jpg

5. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Please forgive the question I am asking, don't mean to cause alarm, but does there need to be any ventilation in that space to remove the gases (hydrogen) when the battery charges?

6. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

The amount of hydrogen released by a battery is very small unless the battery is being extremely overcharged. You can tell how much hydrogen is being created by noting how fast the liquid in the battery disappears and needs to be replaced.
    Hydrogen is lighter than air and he would have to take serious measures to make the area air tight before it could accumulate there.
    I work in rooms with hundreds of batteries in use, some have over a thousand, and these places don't blow up due to hydrogen build up.