Boats

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ForistellFord, Dec 3, 2018.

1. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Yes, 100 HP Yamaha 4 stroke.

ForistellFord likes this.
  2. Jeff B.

Jeff B. In Second Gear

We don’t, or at least haven’t yet, ventured south, Andy. That said, look us when you get up this way!

3. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

There are 6 reservoirs within 1.5-2 hours of phoenix area, but I've also spent a lot of time on the lower colordado river, Lake Havasu, and Mead....been as far north as CoeurDAlene and a number of lakes in MN....been to Dardanelle in Arkansas...seen some pretty cool places as a result of the bass fishing hobby. The lower Colorado is very cool...there are literally tunnels through the cane grass that lines the banks of the river...leading to "secret" (not so much with the satellite mapping available) lakes on the other end. I have a video or two, but they're way to big to load on this site.

4. 1965 Ranchero 66G

I had the 2nd happiest day as a boat owner 2 yrs ago.

Jeff B. and Basstrix like this.
  5. Jeff B.

Jeff B. In Second Gear

Basstrix likes this.
  6. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

That Pool is a little small for that Bennington...;)

7. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Yeah it's only 45k gallons, just a small frog pond. I could get it in, getting it out would be a different story, besides, not many fish in there.

8. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Uhh......mine:

IMG_7798.JPG

9. 1965 Ranchero 66G

After I got rid of the motor crafts, that's what I replaced them with, two Kayaks.

10. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Love the start of Bass Tourneys here on Tim's Ford Lake. I can hear the boats a full ten miles as they wind their way up stream to the headwaters from the starting point in Winchester. Andy has good taste, you can pick out the big block Fords really easy, sounds like a NASCAR race. Ear Candy !

11. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, only the inbred dolts put a Gen 6 big block in their bass boats. You can hear the Q-pukes choke....

12. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

My Boat in front of Coast Guard Island.

[​IMG]

And where is spends most of the year in Storage..
    [​IMG]

13. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I see Hillbilly's boat in the background too.

14. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

What's the difference between a Coast Guard ship and a Navy ship? If the cutter sinks, the Coasties wade ashore.

Hillbilly and TestDummy like this.
  15. ForistellFord

Anyone installed an NMEA 2k interface cable to your Yamaha four stroke? I want to tie it in to the fish finder so I can monitor the engine but I can't see anywhere on the motor to route that cable out. There's no plugged hole or seemingly any sort of placeholder for it at all. And the intertubes isn't much help...

TestDummy likes this.
  16. Basstrix

I installed the data link cable to my engine.….it's a 2007 HPDI. In the V Max series, 06 or 07 was the first year that option was offered. To the best of my beer-depleted memory, if you can connect a computer and view hours of run time and error codes, you should be able to connect the data link.

My engine had a terminated connector on the STBD side of engine for this purpose. I may have a picture of it somewhere or I can snap one for you if it will help. I have Lowrance equipment...I really like having the datalink info on my sonar screens. I get RPM, temp, voltage, fuel pressure, fuel burn rate, and trim position (I think).

17. ForistellFord

I have the termination point on the engine. I just can't find a physical place on the engine case to run the cable through. Does it just piggyback off the start wiring or throttle linkage run?

What Lowrance do you have?

TestDummy likes this.
  18. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Maybe a drill and a grommet?

19. ForistellFord

I'll hack into anything if need be; historically I've never had an issue doing that stuff. But you'd think if they designed that capability and they clearly knew there would be a physical cable needed, they would design for it...

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  20. Basstrix

I ran mine through the 3" black corrugated tube (I call it the snorkel) that comes out of the front-lower engine cowl and connects to the hull. Mine also has a port on the bottom of cowl...one is used for the trim sensor, the other is unused and plugged...maybe you have the same? If not, that's probably where I'd consider running the cable and use a "liquid tight cord grip fitting" or a tight fitting rubber grommet to seal it up.
    I have an HDS9 at the console, an HDS5 at the bow and an easily-removable HDS12 at the BOW. They are all Gen2...I think they are 2 generations out of date, so the latest greatest will be pretty slick...I think all wireless now.