Cochise

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Cindy, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

37733910_1954708017913411_6106735800265736192_n.jpg
    So we talked Pop into lining up with us at Cars N Coffee yesterday morning. He got quite a few folks reading his sign and checking out that BRIGHT red velveteen interior! :D

LSChero and Jeff B like this.
  2. Cindy

Okay, a little story filed under Ironic, Dumb and Shaking My Head....
    1. Last year I bought a reconditioned dash clock for Cochise. Cost about $170. Ordered it in March 2017.
    2. Got busy with the move up to Gold Country, lost track of whether I actually got it or not.
    3. In July of 2017, four months later, I finally get the clock, it arrives at Pop's house. I looked at the box to see what it is and can tell its my clock by the address.
    4. Stuck it away in Pop's closet, after all it's gonna be awhile before the Big Dash Project, right..?
    5. We get through the move, 2017 rolls by, we're getting the barn all set up, I'm putting all the parts away, where the heck is that clock?
    6. Checked Pop's closet, the stuff in the barn, no damn clock. After months go by, Im thinking oh well, time to look for another one.
    7. I find a decent but non-working clock on eBay just a couple months ago now.., buy it, it gets here, Im gonna send it off for fixing/quartz/etc.
    8. We had family up this weekend so Im cleaning really good, I find a box under my dresser, it's that dang clock.
    9. I finally open it up.
    10. Its for a 68. Wrong face color. Cochise has the silver face with black numbers, the 68 has the black face with white numbers.
    11. I'm REALLY glad I bought that other one. Ahh, the irony of Life sometimes. :rolleyes:

3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

And you can sell that one, recover some of your cost.

Cindy likes this.
  4. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

You are not alone. I am often "reunited" with parts I have stashed in the garage.

Cindy likes this.
  5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

There are gremlins in my shop (I think they are the spirits of jealous El Camino owners) that move stuff all the time.
    Sometimes they hide something, then, days later, put it back where it belonged.

Kiwirancher and Cindy like this.
  6. Unclebrad

Unclebrad In Third Gear SILVER MEMBER

Yup.

7. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I have been pleasantly surprised from time to time, myself. A good one, recently, was when I popped the valve cover on a 460 I had stored since 1990 and found I had installed a set of Harland Sharps roller rockers! I had completely forgotten about them.

8. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

It's a savings account of sorts.

9. Cindy

Nice!

10. Cindy

Lol...yes, it is.

11. Cindy

Thanks, Bradley! I’m glad it’s going to someone who can use it. Now I can send the correct clock in to be reworked.

12. Cindy

Hey all. Just wanted to give a big shout out to Bradley (Unclebrad) for giving me the opportunity of a fun drive yesterday to deliver the dash clock he bought from me. Love the view and thanks for the nasturtium seeds! But I'll say it again, dang your driveway is steep, lol!

13. Cindy

Hey all, hope everyone's holidays are going well. Been kinda crazy here, hauling and chainsawing Christmas trees takes a lot outta ya. On vacation now, thank goodness. Update on Cochise--- Ive been starting to gather components for his AC system. So far I have the evaporator and an extra NOS thermostat, gonna pick up the filter drier soon. Any who, that's what's up. Merry Christmas to you all.:)

Jeff B and ForistellFord like this.
  14. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Well Merry Christmas to you too!! Now that Sarah has also returned, all the ladies are back!!

Cindy likes this.
  15. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I think I figured it out--the guys were at each other's throats because the ladies were gone!:eek:

Cindy likes this.