Cochise

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Cindy, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Heh....I had these made. Bored, nah last night I was just not sleepy.

2. Cindy

I'm so excited! Cochise is finally getting his new shift collar and steering wheel put on this week. No more scary falling gear shift lever!

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  3. Cindy

...and I finally get to drive up to Pop's house and get my tailgate handle!! (Thanks, Mitchhhhh)

4. Cindy

I had this dream this morning: I was driving Cochise around and enjoying it. Then right when I was going through Richmond, he decided he didn't wanna go anymore. Of all places, Richmond. And I was thinking, oy vey what am i gonna do? So when I woke up, I was still in that weird in-between place and I thought "hmm well it sucks about Cochise but at least i got home safe" lol.....then I realized "oh yay! None of that stuff just happened!" What a goof I am.

5. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Cochise Rides again...

Cindy likes this.
  6. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Richmond is the stuff of nightmares all right. That place exists soley to make east Oakland look good by comparison.
    More likely Cochise would stop outside of it and refuse to go in.

Cindy likes this.
  7. Cindy

...kinda funny, I graduated from Richmond High. In the 9th grade, my mother decided I had had enough of my 30-student private school. I sat in my so-called counselor's office on orientation day, looking out into the main open common area of the school and being scared to death.Graduated salutatorian of my class, but i never had any warm feelings of it or any longing to attend a reunion. Eh. I missed my little school. People would ALWAYS get wide-eyed when I told them I went there, and say "Oh my! Well be careful, dear..." lol.....they should see it now.

8. Cindy

Well....I like my mechanic, and he is really good at what he does. But he is not great at keeping appointments. So I guess ya gotta take the bad with the good. Instead of getting some stuff done on Cochise today, I am gonna take him out with his full tank of gas and go play. (let's hope my dream doesn't come true; I will stay away from Richmond, lol...)

9. Cindy

Scored a good deal on two rims for my spares; now I won't worry about fixing a flat and not matching. lol....

10. Mike

Mike In Overdrive

Between old cracked tires and old dangerous rims, awhile back I did basically the same thing, for the same reason. I eventually bought 5 new BFGoodrich tires, 5 new Magnum 500 rims and 5 new Torino caps--plus a locking lug nut set. All of the extras are in the stowage compartment making up the spare. Someday I plan on replacing the factory jack with a small hydraulic floor jack. Although, the factory jack does a decent job and will work in a pinch.

Cindy likes this.
  11. Cindy

Yeah I hear ya. I think its important to be prepared.

12. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, Babe never had a jack or tire iron when I got her, for whatever reason, but even with Ford's design, I effing hate bumper jacks, and even if they weren't dangerous when new, I cannot ever trust them after a few uses. So I have a 2-ton hydraulic trolley jack and a star-type lug wrench for her. Now that I have the Lincoln wheels on her, I have to put a screwdriver and the locking lug nut in the glove box before I drive her again.

13. Cindy

Okay I have to admit, there is going to be a certain amount of satisfaction when I go out there in 25 minutes to a cold dark morning to fire Cochise up. Underneath my bedroom floor I can hear my nasty loudmouthed abuser of a downstairs neighbor snoring loudly. And his bedroom window is about 20 feet from Cochise's tailpipes....oh Karma. I love you.

14. Cindy

So today, my mechanic is FINALLY putting Cochise's new shift collar assembly on, and he's getting his new STEERING WHEEL!!! Woohoo! I will be seeing him this weekend. I can't wait! And I brought some more of Cochise's stuff down from Pop's place in the woods. Here they are. New step plate stickers, NOS reflector, an Awesome-looking tailgate handle (thanks for selling it, Mitch), and a side mirror to better match what he has on him. 15230634_1319701348080751_2655326900368364796_n.jpg 15219395_1319701458080740_7571388587437403845_n.jpg
    15192684_1319701561414063_2926265561148901397_n.jpg

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  15. Tygr1

Tygr1 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Pretty cool stuff, Cindy.

16. Cindy

I thought so too. I get so excited whenever i find a new part for Cochise.

17. Cindy

By the way, I like your new seats!

18. Tygr1

Thanks! What a difference it makes.

19. Cindy

How true is that! I always feel like with every new part I put on him, he gets a little bit happier!

20. Tygr1

You don't need a new instrument cluster, do you?