Coronavirus part 2

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by beerbelly, Mar 12, 2020.

1. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

After seeing those I'm SO tempted.... :D

2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

China is so giving = The trash in WalleyWorld, car parts that are made of junk, and those nice virus varietys over the years.
    Spanish Flu
    Asian Flu
    Hong Kong Flu
    Sars Covid 1
    Swine Flu
    Corona Virus
    All originated in China, wonder what the next one will be ?

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

How about these guys (although, they aren't part of a Chinese plot to wipe us out, either).
    [​IMG]
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/02/us/asian-giant-hornet-washington.html

5. Hillbilly

Don't know how much you know about those bugs. Imported to eat our Pine Bark Beetles but turns out over here the Bark Beetles were relegated to the bottom of the food chain because the Asian Hornets found plenty more tasty things to eat. So much for good intentions.

6. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That type of pose is how I used to make the fish I caught bigger than they were.

7. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Missouri re-opens tomorrow. Gross St. Louis is staying closed for now though.

TestDummy likes this.
  8. TestDummy

I know they weren't imported to eat pine bark beetles. You're thinking of the much smaller Asian Wasp. That's an entirely different species. Both wasps and hornets belong to the Vespidae family. There are over 100,000 known species of wasps, and hornets are one subspecies of wasps. Hornets are distinguished from other wasps by their wider heads and larger, more rounded abdomens; they also have a different life cycle.

ForistellFord likes this.
  9. Hillbilly

AuContrair, my friend. A good decade ago Weyerhaeuser Company, who owns large tracts of timberland near me did indeed import those monsters along with numerous other varietys of Asian Wasps. Valiant effort to battle the Pine Bark Beetle in this area that proved futile as other food sources were preferred and ultimately only one variety could survive our winter temperatures. Those huge SOB's were a horrible nuisance because they flew at night, trying to fish from a boat with lights to attract the fish was a real pain because of them. Glad they only survived that one summer here.

RancheroRandy likes this.
  10. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

11. TestDummy

Those are European Hornets you are thinking of, which were indeed brought in by settlers in the 1800's. They are total dicks and have been around my house since we moved here in 2007. The first 'confirmed' sighting of an actual Asian Hornet in North America was in BC, Canada last summer, and now this spring in Washington State. They also survive winter as Asia also has winters. Regardless, you should report Weyerhaeuser to the USDA.

12. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I knew someone married into the Weyerhaeuser family, in Pierce County, WA, and they'd just shrug and say "So?" I'm not a betting man, but I'd wager the Weyerhaeuser family has the USDA firmly gripped like a ventriloquist dummy.

13. TestDummy

That's what makes this country great. All our politicians are owned by billionaires. I'm actually tired of it.

14. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

15. RANCHEROROB

That's what makes this country great. All our politicians are owned by billionaires. I'm actually tired of it.
    ===================================================================
    RIGHT !!
    It's MUCH MUCH better when Homeless street people, Convicted felons, Black Radicals, Mexican Illegals, Homosexuals, Trannies, Drug Addicts, Welfare People, Foreign Parasites and Prison Inmates HAVE YOUR POLITICIANS IN THEIR POCKETS

16. TestDummy

I see reality still hasn't paid you a visit :) I'll worry about your nutball scenario when all these friends of yours can get enough money to buy off politicians. They are all corrupt, both sides of the aisle.

17. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That's true. The above named don't have money to buy politicians. BUT the celebrity rich as opposed to the business rich do. Guess I need to include the tech rich in with the celebrity rich. I'm not really complaining about RR's list, I just think those on it are paid attention way out of proportion to their numbers and needs.

18. RANCHEROROB

I get a healthy dose of REALITY every time I walk out the front door. Those people on my list are not my friends, they are the scum that have taken over my neighborhood and elect the scumbags that run this city. They all belong to your party NOT MINE.
    See how that works ?

19. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

At this rate I wont see daylight until June sometime.

20. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

But will the lake-effect snow be gone by then?