Could you get a floor shift auto and bench seat in 69

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Boiler92, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Like this? Is this factory? The ad says it's an automatic, and the Ratchet would indicate the same, and I don't see a clutch pedal but I also don't really understand what this means:

"The floor clutch has been replaced with a B&M Ratchet Shifter to enable on-the-fly gear selection while pushing the nitro-boosted engine to its limit on the track."

Do you think that means it was a manual trans from the factory then later swapped to an auto with a ratchet shifter?

What I'm really after is knowing if I could change my bench seated, column shifted 69 to this floor shifter only not a ratchet. The other floor shifters I've seen were all stick shifts but did not look exactly like this. All the autos I've seen were column shift.

Still learning.

[​IMG]

2. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

The pic is an automatic...I have exactly the same one in my '65...
    new mats2.jpg

3. R.C.Heli Pilot

R.C.Heli Pilot In Second Gear

4. Garbageman

Garbageman In Overdrive

I have a rebuilt floor shifter that fits a 70, 71. Not sure if it would work for a 69. It is for a floor shift console setup.

5. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Ah, I see it is not factory then. The ratchet came with the enclosure too, not just the shifter parts. Still not sure if they produced a floor shift auto with a bench seat in 69. Not all that important though. Thanks.

Garbageman, I expect if yours is for a console I'd have to change to bucket seats. Not quite ready for that expense yet.

6. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Boiler92 likes this.
  7. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

For 69, particularly for those with FE motors, if you wanted to install headers. You had to replace the Column shift with a floor shift, and change from power to manual steering. Mine had a aftermarket Hurst shifter in it.

Attached Files:

Boiler92 likes this.
  8. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

You will also need a floor shift transmission arm to use the stock type shifter, the column shift transmission arm is the wrong pivot length.

Boiler92 likes this.