Daily Headline

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TestDummy, Jul 26, 2017.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

You don't need to go through all that trouble to get people to hate you.

ForistellFord likes this.
  2. TestDummy

I'm sure I shared this before, but when I was like 10, my family visited my grandmother in the hospital. In the crowded elevator afterwards the smell began. It was bad, then it got worse. Nurses were gagging. People were mumbling, 'Oh, dear Lord, Jesus!!!', looking at each other with horror in their eyes. And then there's my Dad, rocking back and forth, looking at the door peaceful as can be, and next to him, Mom giving him a stare that could kill. I thought it was hilarious, and was very proud of him.

3. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

4. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Couple that gadget with the spray mentioned above and you'll be everyone's best friend!

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Ah heck, there's a better option. Ford sells it. Limited Slip Differential Additive. I think it really consists of whale oil. Tiny plastic bottle. Opened one up and stuck it in a heating vent in a bar full of azzholes I didn't like. Within fifteen minutes the bar was empty. Never was found so I retrieved that bottle and later used it as it was intended. Good stuff !

6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yup, at one time, the factory LS additive was sperm whale oil, just like in ATF way back when.

7. handy_andy_cv64

I serviced quite a few Ford diffs over the years, but only one made me want to retch so effing hard, my entire intestinal tract would drag my stomach out of my mouth and beat it to death with a rock. It was on a '66(?) pickup.

8. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

TestDummy likes this.
  9. TestDummy

I thought BB was dead. Not our BB, but the other one.

10. handy_andy_cv64

My late brother Geoff loved to lay minefields in the aisles at Walley World; the only way I found this out was his youngest daughter became a victim on a shopping trip, and severely scolded him, every time flatus became the topic of conversation. And he would gleefully revel in the attention over it. I myself, in my Navy days, managed to torpedo a hated officer getting transferred off the ship after he had been advanced to Lieutnant Commander, because he ordered us to muster on the Fo'c'sle Deck to 'shake our hands.' My fellow petty officer, Dickie Cole, who normally held the "Smelled like he shat himself" award in our division, was lamenting he couldn't conjure one up, then he turned to see me laughing so hard, I was crying, as I told him, "Don't worry, I took care of it."

ForistellFord and TestDummy like this.
  11. ForistellFord

12. Basstrix

It's not clear to me, but sounds like Smollet also concocted the letter with white powder?

13. ForistellFord

He was the 'mastermind', as it were.

14. ForistellFord

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/2019-02-18-snow-las-vegas-nevada-february

Let us pause to express our concern for the suffering citizens of Las Vegas, who have had to endure the second snowfall in February for the first time since 1987, an inch and a dusting, I even cringe just writing that, poor chaps. We got 14 inches a few weeks ago, then three inches two days ago, and another couple forecast tonight. I feel bad for complaining about shoveling my driveway when I think of what they are going through. That must have caused several minutes of panic and confusion.

15. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

My sympathy quotient resides somewhere between s&*t and syphilis for them - it took me three days to dig out last year and I still couldn't drive the Mustang or the Taurus because of the low ground clearance and they don't plow the residential streets hereabouts... it was only 12 - 14 inches which we occasionally get hereabouts. In this city if you run into the snow removal equipment you can see all of it as you pass both trucks...

Whine of the day: "Where's the global warming they promised us!!!"

IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0174.JPG

16. TestDummy

Kiwirancher and ForistellFord like this.
  17. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Maybe for you - down here it is supposed to stay pretty consistently wet and on the cold side of cool.

18. Basstrix

We've had similar snowy weather in the Phoenix area....twice this year, snow was visible on the nearby Superstition Mountains. I toughed it out on Saturday and wore shorts...but part of the time, I had to wear a hoodie on top of my long sleeve shirt while I worked on the green Ranchero.

19. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, we got hammered in March last year, 3 or 4 times 6 or more inches. But in March it's gone in a couple days. northeaster coastal storms. I was in Florida, wife had to run the snow thrower. Caught hell when I got home. And you're right the lack of snow equipment from Delaware south sorta brings a chuckle to us up here. But then the people around Buffalo must think we're real wimps.

20. ForistellFord