Dan The Ranchero Mans Ride

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Rancherous, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

2. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

hello guys! It is Dan the ranchero man and First I want to thank Ranchero US for helping me get these posted. It has been 6 long years and a lot of time and cash, But She is just about done. the only thing left is the spray on bedliner and plates and insurance. The pictures show a front/side shot, back, engine (460) and an interior shot with my son Tim (8 years old) in the front seat! When I started this whole thing he was 2! I asked him if he wanted to take a few pictures with his new digital camera and he did ! All the shots except the one! Let me know what you think guys! :D :D

3. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Dan she looks great. I would KILL to have half of that shop it looks like you have there. Good Job

4. Dan the ranchero man

I have a great wife to thank for making the shop, car and evrything good in my life happen!!! If it was not for her help I don't make enough money to support my hobby and a family so thanks to my better half! :D

5. ncranchero

ncranchero In Fourth Gear

Wow, very nice, beautiful paint job. Looks like Tim has that "eight more years and I can drive it" look on his face!
    You're going to spray in a bed liner???? I've been thinking about that too. I've thought about just doing the floor and a few inches up the sides but I don't know how they would stop part of the way on the sides.

6. Dan the ranchero man

ncranchero thanks for the complements! I am going to have the liner done by a company called Line-X they are going to spray up to the bottom of the chrome (on the sides) along the bottom edge of the back window (not quite to the chrome about 1/8 in under) and follow the body seam on the inside of the pillar. the tailgate inner panel will be removed and sprayed separate along with the outer edge of the gate. then it will be reassembled. the liner will be color matched and all this will be the grand total of $423.75 and I am going to have the rear wheel wells done in black ($120) and the stuff is tough! So it will keep them lookin good for years!

7. D.B. Roberts

D.B. Roberts In Overdrive

From one Dan to another, Nice Ranchero!!! :D

8. TEAMFAST

TEAMFAST Guest

Great looking ride Dan. I've had my spray in liner for about two years now with no problems at all. Line-x is a good company.
    For all that are interested, it's best to have the moldings on, including tailgate molding, and mask them. Too much liner sprayed under where the moldings go creates a fitment problem.

9. Gil 500

Gil 500 Guest

Most beautiful ride, I'm more inspired to get mine in shape!

10. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Dan,
    Extremely nice - the shop, too. Looks almost as good as mine (did 25 years ago).
    Is that the original 460 fan shroud? Mine is mostly expoxy now since I've had to piece it back together numerous times.
    Clark

11. Butch

Butch Guest

Excellant Dan. Love the blue. The bonus part is having a Mrs. that understands.
    Great looking Ranchero.

12. Dan, the Ranchero looks SWEET!! I love that Blue! I also had my '72's bed done by Linex about 2 years ago and it's good stuff. You can't kill it. I had it done in Black up as far as the bed moldings and the line on the pillars by the back window. I also had the tailgate cover off so they could spray it separately and then they also sprayed around it. The other moldings they recommended that I leave them on. They just taped them off and it came out fine. Believe me, if you're going to do any hauling at all it's the way to go! :D :D
    Jim

13. Dan the ranchero man

Hi guys thanks for all your complements! First on the bedliner I have the line-X product in my F 250 and I do really like it. Also I have rhino liner in my 79 and I do agree to leaving the trim on, But I will remove the inner tailgate panel so they don't spray over the mounting screws. this way if I ever need to service the tailgate latch I can get in there! Now for the shroud Yes that is an original shroud I removed over 18 years ago off of a 460 powered 75 cougar. Just for your information the shroud used on the 73-76 T-birds is the same one because I kept the one off of mine before I junked it. so now I have an extra just in case! :D

14. PHILPKP

PHILPKP In Third Gear

HI DAN,I"M PUTTIN A LONG NECK TO MY LIPS RIGHT NOW! ;) TO SAY CHEERS TO YOU,YOUR RANCHERO"S ARE A CREDIT TO YA!(AGREE ABOUT YOUR BETTER HALF ALSO) :D
    .............CHEERS AGAIN DAN (AND TIM [​IMG] )
    PHIL

15. Allen Larsen

Allen Larsen Guest

1st b-e-a-u-ti-ful2nd i love the blue 3rd nice stance it has 4th that is midnight blue right? and 5th what year is it?

16. Dan the ranchero man

Allen, That is med Midnight Blue metallic (3G) The stance you see is a result of using 74 mercury grand marquis station wagon springs for a 460 with AC and trailer towing all the way around. the rear shocks are a 80's crown vic coilover type (they are a bit longer) and the fronts are stock. The year is 1974 GT. I am having the GT stripe kit done now as I am writing this post. I am hoping to have the car back in about a week and a half. :D

17. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

dan when are installing the front axle under that 4x4? :D

18. Dan the ranchero man

Only to you carl would my ranchero appear to be 4x4 material (too high). I don't mind low, but when 95% of the vehicles in this area are SUV's I would like just a "little edge". With the thing sitting like you see now I still have trucks pulling up next to me and thier exhaust pipes blowing right into my side window! (usally deisels)

[ April 20, 2005, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Dan the ranchero man ]

19. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

:D You knew I was kidding right? ;)

20. Dan the ranchero man

Yes, I did carl. I just like to explain my position on the slightly lifted ranchero. While I do really like the look it also has a important function! Buy the way I have had a few of the good ol boys in the area here really ask me if I wanted to set my ranchero on a F-350 chassis!!!