Day 1 vs. today

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by beerbelly, Jul 21, 2020.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Well, I've kinda reached all my goals for this car, so I thought I'd post some before & after pix, a little over 5 years and almost 44k miles since I brought it home. It was in pretty nice shape; the previous owner would restore old Mustangs and flip them, so he knew his way around 60's Fords.

The first 3 pix are the day I drove it 300 miles home, the next 3 are how it sits today, and the next 2 show the mileage. It's been through a ton of changes, mostly mechanical and interior. It could sure use some paint & bodywork, but then I'd worry about driving it, so I'm in my comfort zone as it sits. Just a great dependable car that takes me anywhere I want to go. This car cost me zero after selling my '79 Chevy LUV (last 2 photos) and a couple of guitars, but then I dumped a bunch of money into initially to make the suspension & driveline reliable. After that, it was just "do stuff as you can afford it". Right now, today, I can't think of anything else to do, and my wallet thanks me....

Left front 3:4.jpg Interior.jpg Engine right.jpg IMG_5110.JPG IMG_5123.JPG IMG_5082.jpeg Title mileage.JPG Current mileage.JPG LUV + moons 2.JPG LUV + moons lo-res.jpg

2. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That Luv had to be fast with those hubcaps :p
    Hey, did I guess right on the size?

3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Well, if I could trim down the beerbelly a little..... My wife has a new nightshirt though!

PonyExpressRider and pmrphil like this.
  4. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

It is a sweet ride to see in person!

pmrphil likes this.
  5. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

That's a good lookin' scoot BB, well done!!

Cheers,

Doc

beerbelly likes this.