Decked truck bed storage system - any owners on here?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by Boiler92, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

I have a company truck, a Toyota Tundra. My job requires me to travel around Indiana and all the bordering states. I carry tools and equipment for work purposes. The bed is about half full of tool boxes, bags and totes.

I really want to get a Decked drawer system for the bed but they are $1,250 plus accessories like tool boxes made for the system. The company won't pay for it so if I get one it has to come out of my pocket and $1,250+ is significant to me. I can afford it but it's still a chunk of change.

Any of you guys have a Decked system? What's your honest opinion of it? Is it worth the expense to keep your stuff organized and secure?

Anyone know of any less expensive alternatives besides a DIY plywood solution?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  2. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

How about a middle (wide) box from a snap-on/matco type of set? Probably find something at harborfright (with a coupon) fairly reasonable.

3. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

I've not really seen anything that would work for me. I happen to have the June HF catalog right next to my easy chair and just looked at it again.

While I do carry a couple socket sets, screwdrivers and wrenches most of what I have fits better in more open boxes than trays. Various types of meters, battery power tools, PPE and for lack of a better term packaging materials.