Dry heat/bob

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Dry heat bob, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Dry heat bob

Dry heat bob In First Gear

I've had 4 rancheros over the last 30 years. Currently a 1958 w/ many modifications done by previous owner. 428 , 4 speed, a/c disk brakes front. A driver , not show car. Love these cars. Another 58 interceptor on the back burner. Don’t think I’ll ever get to it or maybe, time will tell. Anyway glad to be part of a like minded enthusiasts group! I’m new to this digital world but I’m trying hard. Thnx

Lincolnut and Mycuzinvinny like this.
  2. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Welcome. Would love to see some pics. You might need to crop or compress them to under 1 mb.

Where you from with Dry heat?

3. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome bob!great site

4. Dry heat bob

Las Vegas 113 today!

5. Dry heat bob

I’ll have to figure out how to send pics. Baby steps

6. Dry heat bob

Born & raised in Detroit, came to Vegas 1983. When I saw blue sky’s, no rust on the cars ( unlike Detroit) I said that’s for me! Living here ever since.

7. DJ Clinton

DJ Clinton In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

Welcome
    I'm in Mesquite

8. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Vegas was my brother Geoff's favorite city. He drove for Valley Foods during his time there, loved the glitz and "chingchingching." Funny story: Geoff called Mom and Dad (and I was there for the call), and he and his wife had their daughters out for the day. So their second oldest wants to talk to grandma and grandpa, and Geoff puts her on the phone. After saying "Hi, Grandma," very excitedly, and loud enough for me to hear, Mom asks, "So where are you?" And Leah answers, "We're at the place where Daddy plays the slots!" Dad and I look at each other and snicker, and Geoff gets back on the phone, to hear Mom say, "They'll rat you out every time!"

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  9. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome... when you have the pictures you want, find a picture editor you like and save the pictures as a .JPEG file. That will usually make them under 1MB (meg), then you can just click the "upload a file" (bottom right of the post), and select the file. it will self upload. WAHLAH! Done. If making them a jpeg doesn't do it on its own, you will have to resize them to a smaller size to get under the 1 meg size limit.

10. Dry heat bob

Thanks for the feed back. It sounds Greek to Me but I’ve got somebody that’ll understand it. Again thanks!

11. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome Bob!57/58 my favorite year rancheros.Had a 54 Merc when a kid,428 FE- toploader.Kept breaking parts,installed C6 and all was good till I got drafted.Had to sell her.Iam just over the hill in Pahrump.Not many rancheros here,few melting away in the desert.

12. SouthCarolinaRanchero

SouthCarolinaRanchero In Second Gear

Welcome Bob!

I was born and raised in Detroit.
    Lived on the West side near ROUGE PARK...Joy Rd. and Evergreen area.
    Left there in 86 and followed my 2 older bros. to So Cal who moved there in the 70's.

Where did u live Bob?

13. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Yeah but it's........nevermind :D

14. Dry heat bob

Wow! My first car 54sun valley. Also love 57 - 58 the most. Currently mine is on blocks, upgrading brakes to modern standards. Will have to meet after this Twilitezone shit is over.

15. Dry heat bob

Here in Vegas. Lived Livernois/ Fenkel area school years. Hung out Rouge park once I had wheels. Nice to hear from you!

16. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Yeh,my 72 is scattered all over back yard under going paint job.We will have to meet up at Vegas raceway "midnight mayhem",Run ya for pinks!(pepto-bismol)