Dual reservoir - drum brakes

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by bnorwood, Jun 16, 2021.

1. bnorwood

bnorwood In Third Gear

Okay, I *know* I've seen the correct part number here before, but I cannot track it down now. I know I had it written down on a scrap of paper, too, but......

So, I have finished the repaint and cosmetic restoration of my '61 Ranchero. All stock, 144cid, three on the tree, four wheel drum brakes (manual).

This car does *not* need disc brakes, so I'm not converting it. But I would like to have the dual reservoir master cylinder.

I've read that the '67 Mustang master cylinder is a bolt-in replacement for the '66 Ranchero, but I have no confidence that the same can be said for my '61. So I'm hoping someone hear can give me the correct part number for the dual-reservoir master cylinder (manual drum brakes) that will bolt in with no headaches.

Help!!

I'll be posting pics of the final pics in the appropriate place shortly, but here is one to whet your appetite:

Qtr Front View-sm.JPG

2. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

3. bnorwood

bnorwood In Third Gear

I'm aware of the CJPonyParts 'kit'. I was actually just hoping for an off-the-shelf part number, since this kind of master cylinder is like $30 max (CJPonyParts wants $102.....)

4. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

5. bnorwood

bnorwood In Third Gear

Thanks beerbelly....that does indeed look like the same part that CJPonyParts is marketing.