FINALLY..... new pics!!!!

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by kaytbugsdad, Dec 17, 2018.

1. kaytbugsdad

kaytbugsdad In Second Gear

I've been here for about 6 months now, and just now getting around to posting some pics of my Ranchero.....

Attached Files:

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Nice ride. Great start.

ForistellFord likes this.
  3. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Third Gear

Looks like a deep project. What are you doing with her?

Cheers.

Doc

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I see you're also a member of the House of Windsor. What are the stats on yours?

5. kaytbugsdad

Doc----- I'm gonna make a drag car out of her...… The interior was already gutted when I got it, so a set of race buckets and floor shifter went in...…. XS Power battery mounted in the well in the bed, super small battery, but has enough power to fire the car and run lights..... Hopefully gonna make her first pass on New Years day...…

Handy----- It has a standard bore 289, 351 heads (ported and polished, new valves, springs, and keepers), edelbrock dual plane intake with a 600 cfm 4 barrel...…. Roughly about 300hp.....

6. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

looks like a good start but throw that air cleaner in the swap meet pyl.

7. kaytbugsdad

That air cleaner has been gone since I completely rebuilt the motor..... now has a 10" round air cleaner on it!!! I never have liked the triangular air filters, but that's how I got the car...…..

8. kaytbugsdad

New Years day drags at the racetrack wound up being a bust for me...… About halfway to the track, I started having fuel issues, and to top it all off, when I closed the drivers door, the window shattered!!!! Drove the car back home (heater on full blast, sitting in a seat full of broken glass, and stalled 3 times), hopped in the Envoy, went back to the track, and enjoyed a full day of drag racing!!!! Hopefully, I've gotten all the bad shit out of the way for this year right off the bat!!!

9. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Closed it a bit angry, eh? :cool:;)

1965 Ranchero 66G and TestDummy like this.
  10. kaytbugsdad

Actually, no...... it was kinda cold out, and was parked with passenger side downhill...... guess you could say gravity still works!!!!! I was in shock when I heard the glass shatter right next to me!!!! Got a cut on my pinky from flying glass and everything!!!! New window should be here on Tuesday.....

11. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Its OK we all get angry at times and do things that we regret, the boot dent on my 65 mustang left front fender 45 yrs ago comes to mind. My dad made me sign it in paint and refused to let me fix it.

12. kaytbugsdad

I was kinda pissed when the window shattered...… I was like "So this is how my year is gonna start...… GREAT!!!!", but I got over it...…. Wound up not being a fuel issue after all, power going to the distributor was 2 volts (supposed to be battery voltage!!!)….. Not sure how this car was running for as long as it has been!!!!

13. handy_andy_cv64

Actually, you should have a resistor wire from the ignition electrical switch that drops running voltage to about 9 volts KOER, plus a second wire from the starter solenoid 'I' terminal to provide battery voltage during cranking.

14. kaytbugsdad

My car has the HEI conversion in it, so it needs battery voltage for the distributor now...…. I got the car with the distributor in it already, so I figured it was wired correctly, cuz I've been driving for the last 8 months like it is now...…. we ran a jumper wire from the battery cable straight to the distributor, ran the car for an hour and it never stalled once......

15. handy_andy_cv64

Ah. I didn't know about the HEI. I was referring to the original point-condenser ignition.

16. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Third Gear

Coil? Mine crapped out on me and left me high and dry twice.

17. kaytbugsdad

Looks like they used the old power wire for the distributor in the original harness ( it's 50 years old!!!)…… I'm thinking the wire has a break in it somewhere, so I removed the entire harness (it was the only wire being used in it) and ran a new wire to the distributor...… No issues now!!!!!