Finishing up '79

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by haynmerc, Oct 31, 2012.

1. haynmerc

haynmerc In Third Gear

2. haynmerc

haynmerc In Third Gear

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. reman

reman In Third Gear

Thats a real beauty ! Love the interior, what is the origin of the seats and console? Ron

4. haynmerc

haynmerc In Third Gear

The seats and console are from a '72 Torino GT. The motor is a 429 CJ but without CJ heads, instead I used DOVE-C heads.
    Thanks for compliment, wish lighting/sun was better.

5. haynmerc

haynmerc In Third Gear

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. haynmerc

haynmerc In Third Gear

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Torkair

Torkair In Maximum Overdrive

I may have missed something there but it looks like you have a clutch pedal but your floor shifter is for an automatic.

8. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Wow!!!

What a beautiful job you have done to that ranchero. Like some of the others have said really love the interior. The paint and the hood look great too! Bigblock (way to go!!) looks great. You will be cruisin the beaches in style with that beast for sure!!!

(NOTE: I was wondering as well auto shifter??? with clutch pedals???)what's up??

9. WGS55

WGS55 In Second Gear

Very Nice!!

10. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Very nice. Good looking engine. Love the intake.

11. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

Very nice, very clean, you should be proud of all the hard work, nicely done. I have to ask one ? though. I see you installed, what looks like a 3G alternator, if so why keep the voltage regulator? (sorry, it was killing me not to ask) Once again, very nice. Todd

12. haynmerc

haynmerc In Third Gear

Thanks for the compliments, thought you folks would get a laugh with the clutch pedal...I was actually planning to make it a 4 speed, especially to be different. I have a Toploader, bell housing, flywheel and clutch ready to go...will use a cable set up from a '96 Cobra, all supplied from Modern Driveline. But I decided to finish it as an automatic, which is a B&M C6 right now. Could also use a TKO 5 speed in there.
    The pedal set up is a perfect transplant from the '72 Torino, along with a bearing set up for the pivot from Steves Mustang....his kit is a perfect repair when pot-metal bushings break, so this repair kit provides bearing support where there were no bushing to begin with....comes out great.
    Will probably reinstall the automatic brake pedal.

13. haynmerc

haynmerc In Third Gear

Sorry missed your question.
    It is a 3g from PA Performance, it looks like a regulator but is actually an adapter for the wiring, as I understand it. I put it in per instructions from PA.
    Looks kinda busy with the wiring over there, but with the 50amp fuse, then sound system cables, battery etc....I kinda modified some wiring. At first I did not have the solenoid, but starter was getting a weak signal from start wire, so I put it back in...starter is the PMGR from PA performance also.

14. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

The extra brake pedal for the wife is a good touch..:)
    Your restoration came out sweet. Nice work.

15. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

OK, I guess it was required to keep most if not all of the factory wiring. I know when I did my 3G conversion I only re-used the light green/red stripe wire, which excites the alternator to charge. As long as everything works correctly there is no need to change it, just had to ask. Don't you just love the increased amperage the 3G puts out even @ idle, compared to the 1G alternator. Again, congratulations on your project. Todd

16. haynmerc

haynmerc In Third Gear

Thanks Todd, yes, I really like the 3G alternator...have one in my Montego also.

17. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

VERY nice, lots like a lot of work has gone into that one.....

18. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

I am only 20 and just had my first heart attack. DAMN that thing is mean lookin.:D

19. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

damn thats sweet..especially the interior...it looks so elegant and not clotted together like mine!

20. Cool72

Cool72 In Third Gear

WOW!! Very Nice. Great job on the details. Interior is super clean.:cool: