First Show of Summer '13'

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by TestDummy, Jul 14, 2013.

1. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Ehhhh ... well, a modern digital camera makes it a lot easier to get a .jpg onto the web, if that's your goal.

But 35mm [or other size] film has much greater dynamic range than any ccd sensor. And for low light work they crap all over a ccd, which has a native ISO speed of around 100.

I have maybe 30 old 35mm cameras in my obsolete trinkets storage room, and many of them have built-in lightmeters. That was common even back into the 1950's.

[for example ... I have one of these in black, mint. I had to make a special adapter to put a modern battery into it, original was a 5.6v mercury cell]

[FONT=arial,verdana][​IMG][/FONT]

2. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Gosh, I know this is a werid thought, but how about you keep your opinion to yourself just one time? Dude takes some pics on a retro camera for the fun of it, and rather than complementing the car or simply shutting the hell up, all you can say is how poor a job he did (while, of course, no one was even speaking to you)? Ah, in case you didn't realize it, that pretty much makes you a prick. But I'm going to guess you already knew that.

Now, tell me (and the rest of the forum here)... How does it feel to be the self-proclaimed king of the board? I've often marveled at how a monitor and keyboard can make a big boy out of most anyone. Would you speak this way to people face to face? No, you wouldn't. But you'll claim you would, naturally. Now don't disappoint!! Make sure you critique everyone and every post you see here. There's a lot of people who just can't wait to read the next pearl of knowledge you'll share. Your criticism makes us all such better peoples. :rolleyes:

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

If criticizing a technology is considered a personal attack by some princesses on this site, well, I can't solve people emotional problems.
    I did suggest he take a couple of minutes to set the camera up.
    If saying that if something is worth doing it is worth doing right is too harsh for your delicate sensibilities, maybe you should practice peeing up a rope.

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

You should probably stop now, because you are starting to look like a bullying prick (again attacking; princesses, delicate, etc.). You told me a few posts back that I didn't know what I was doing, instead of just shutting up. Maybe you have some sort of OCD where you NEED to chime in with your vast knowledge on every damn post? Why would you assume I didn't know what I was doing? I was our photographer at my old job for 15 years. Prior to that, I was the 'unofficial' photographer for all of my friends when they wanted photos of their cars. I’ve won some awards and had photos published. Look, I didn't even know if the damn camera would work, so I ran a roll of film through it. Big deal.

5. ForistellFord

If you feel the need to bloviate in every thread (including, if not especially, ones where you're not part of the conversation), perhaps a bit of self-control may be in order.

Your response shows exactly the problem. You don't even realize how large your ego is. It isn't about your silly "criticizing of a technology". It's all about your ego not allowing you to zip your lip when a bit of decorum is warranted. See, no one wanted you to post. No one. No one but you, I suppose. You don't seem to realize that you're just not as important as you think you are. I have an idea. How's about old ribald start a poll? How's about old ribald ask if everyone wants him to post his opinion, ad infinitum, in every thread? Let's see how that shakes out. If you get support justifying your omnipotence here, then you go on ahead and keep on puffing out that hot air. And if, by some amazing twist of fate, you get less than overwhelming support to yap incessently, than maybe you stay out of a thread or two? No?

6. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

I think it's about time for the president to intervene in this spat with a beer summit. If he could all of the parties (Ribird, Sean and FF) to sit down and have a beer together, I'm sure it would accomplish the same magical result that the last one did for race relations.;)

7. ForistellFord

I don't need to sit down with him. He needs to muzzle his piehole once in a while. Or twice.

8. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

It's like deja vu all over again, except this time it's not CJ saying that about you and Sean.:D

9. ForistellFord

Ah, CJ. I wish he was still around, great guy with a lot of technical expertise. Shame the loudmouth ran him off too.

10. TestDummy

Sure, CJ was sort of a know-it-all, but he had the common sense to know when not to say it all. I bet he could build a better engine than baldy.

11. ForistellFord

Or at least have the ability to not tell you every single little thing you are doing differently than he would do, then mock your political persuasions, call you a fat little girl, apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities, tell you to sack up, then note some obscure inside joke only he and his imaginary friends get. And yeah, he'd build a better engine.

12. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

And you two wonder why no one misses you when you are gone.:p

13. TestDummy

Yeah, and then he'd probably say something ignorant to prop himself up; like how nobody misses us when we don't post.

14. ForistellFord

Right, like anyone would miss him if he stopped posting in every thread. Heck, we'll never know, will we?

15. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

This type of squabbling always seems to occur when too many people who are alike get into the same room or forum all trying to be the king. :p

16. ForistellFord

There's only one king!!! He's bald!!!!! Just ask him.

17. TestDummy

I never wanted to be the king, here or anywhere. Too much pressure. Too many responsibilities. No sir. He can have it. Just ask him.

18. ForistellFord

Why would anyone want to be king here? Just ask him.

19. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

The title of this tread sayes "First show of summer 13", and I must say; the show goes on :rolleyes::eek:

20. TestDummy

Sorry. I was just posting some photos, and things got out of hand. Luckily, it's my thread so there'll be no bitching about it being highjacked. No sir. If you want to know why, just wait, ribald will tell us.