"Ford vs Ferrari" movie coming in Nov.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by beerbelly, Jul 24, 2019.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

2. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I now have a reason to go see a movie. Thanks B.B.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Those were interesting days to say the least. Lot's of fun. Holman back room1.jpg holman back room2.jpg holman back room6.jpg

4. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Looks like a good Movie, will have to check it out.
    Hope my Dad will be up for seeing it, he just turned 90.

TestDummy likes this.
  5. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Funny thing, Matt Damon plays Shelby, but Shelby was a fairly tall, lanky Texan.

6. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

7. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  8. Hillbilly

Somewhere around 86 for the group pic. Played with enough of them to figure out what parts were too flimsy. Dad was working for Ford at that time frame, I just got to be a gopher.

9. 1965 Ranchero 66G

See if you can find 1517 Super America. Its was shipped back to Italy to be put on display at the Ferrari museum at there expense, and that returned to be shown at Pebble Beach.

10. Hillbilly

I doubt 1517 is lost. Pretty sure the guy who bought it from Harrahs in 1986 had it restored by 2004 and has shown it in plenty shows. Think he still own's it. Last place it was prominent was at the Petersen Museum in LA. Not seeing it at any auctions but a 1964 went across the block not long ago.

11. 1965 Ranchero 66G

The guy that bought it from Harrahs is my dad, who at the time after that was the second biggest distributor of Ferrari used parts in America, until he went back to muscle and vintage. you have a great stable, very impressive, his stable of Ferraris at the high point was 32. Hard to believe that you or your father have not crossed paths with him. Name withheld of dad for pm if interested. Skip.

12. Hillbilly

Didn't have anything but time invested in them. Lee Holman was the money man. Not sure if he even own's any now. Dad and I zeroed in on Fords with a few adventures in off brands. Playing with AMG Mercedes is my folly at the moment. Really similar to Lincolns with a bit more heat in them. Dad turns 80 real soon and is toying with thinning his herd, as I have been. Sounds like you got to play with some neat stuff over the years. I personally never chased any Ferrari parts so I don't know any of the sources. Dad probably knows your Dad. Edit= The guy who had the dealership in Rosemont, PA. was the nephew of the original owner of my 59 Continental ragtop modified by Durham. Would be fun to be able to go back with a handful of cash knowing what we know today.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  13. 1965 Ranchero 66G

If we could go back in time with our knowledge of today we would make the billionaires of today look like paupers. As a side note, if I could go back in time I would just stay there, no interweb, no cell phones and if you broke down on the side of the road and had a hammer, screwdriver and a crescent wrench you could make make it to safety, I would trade that for the money, well maybe just a little bit of knowledge of the future.

Hillbilly likes this.