Found a new project

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hillbilly, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Was at a cruise-in Sat. evening and spotted a neat sleeper. Fellow had taken a 4 door 59 Rambler wagon and sectioned it onto a MK Lincoln. He had cut the body away from the Lincoln leaving the cowl and dash intact along with the floorpan. I had no idea that the old Rambler was so close a fit, a bit of judicious upholstery work would hide the gap around the dash and make the interior fit seamlessly. Seating position was great. Even the wheelbase matched ! The one time I didn't think to bring a camera and really wished I had it then. That's ok for now, a few years ago I traded around and ended up with a 4 door 1962 Rambler wagon that's been gathering dust. I think I know how my Rambler will be resurected now. Ford Power in a freak, somehow it just fits perfectly. I think I love insanity.

2. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Damn Hillbilly what DONT you have :cool:

3. Hillbilly

Edsel. No Hudsons or Packards either. CJ's Lincoln was too nice to cut up but there's some with faded clearcoat close by that can be had for a song, literaly. I think I'll get the tape rule out and give it a go pretty soon Billy.

4. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

My first project ever, was a 59 Rambler...
    I had bought two, a 59 & a 60, both alike in appearances...
    Yeah, I was a young`un then... ;)

5. Hillbilly

What if ? Dennis, would I be nuts to happen to like a Samari my cousin turned into a rock crawler ? Said couz get's a little more extreme with every build, say's speed is adictive after his last trip to Moab. Should I run or fall in lust ?

Attached Files:

6. Lulu2

Lulu2 In Third Gear

Hillbilly, being from Moab I say fall in lust. That Sami looks like it would do well out here.

7. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Yup!
    I recognize the house...
    Lets go Rock climbing!!!!
    Strap me in,
    Dennis