Garaged since 1978 the add said???

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by UK 72Ranchero, Oct 25, 2011.

1. UK 72Ranchero

UK 72Ranchero In First Gear

Picture 1Ebay photos and a gut feeling, Northwest America,one month later Northwest England :) Pic 2 delivered to my door Pic3/4 new OZracing 8'5x17s with 255 60 17s rear and 255 45 17s front what do you think guys :)

Attached Files:

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

It looks very nice, and familiar for some reason. Congrats on removing yet another 72 from the roads of America. :p

3. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

I think I have seen that one floating around on the internet for a while now. It's a good looking cruck to say the least. I like the paint job that it's got. Can't wait to see some engine and interior pictures. Enjoy the ride.:D

4. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

The 72 Ranchero's have such a good look that they are cool on a flatbed.:D

5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Yes, makes them even more rare and valuable.
    Thank you.

6. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

Too bad you'll still never get what you want out of it. Did you forget you own a ranchero sir?

7. UK 72Ranchero

garaged since 78

Thanks guys for your comments, I do understand it hurts some of you to see your heritage disapeer overseas but if you can look at it this way, we are spreading the word just how great these motors are and its fresh money coming into the US parts industry to increase a greater repro parts list that should benifit all of us, I'm sure Year One and NPD have a vast overseas customer base, I know NPD have helped no end with the rebuild of my 68 Fastback that came over here with a US serviceman way back in 1974, as requested under Hood and interior

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
  8. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

No you took that the wrong way, Sean is not a fan of the 72 Ranchero so he is glad to see one less here in the states. :D He was not at all mad about seeing one go overseas.

9. TestDummy

I am furious that a nice one went overseas. There are plenty of bondo queens he could have taken instead. And it has been documented many times here that 72's are my 4th favorite Ranchero.:D

10. ribald1

I own a 72. Having one leave the states makes mine more rare and valuable.
    I WILL get what I want out of my Ranchero when it is finished. As what I want is a custom vehicle designed and built by me, for me.

11. airford1

So where do you rank your Dad's Ranchero?

12. TestDummy

67-69's, are the best; 70-71, second; Falcon body 3rd; 1972 4th; 73-76 next, the first ones next, followed by those gigantic beasts. Geez, I spend $12000 and 10 years working on a Ranchero, my Dad steps in on his own to finish it (a nice gesture for sure), and all of a sudden it's his. I agree though. I feel it's his now too.

13. airford1

I finish them and give them away. The 72 I turned into a drag car nobody wants, so it's mine I guess.

14. ribald1

$12000? I spent that much just in parts for my engine!
    And your dad is finishing it on his own dime?
    You really do squeeze the nickle until the buffalo farts!

15. UK 72Ranchero

Big smile on face, I'm glad I joined you guys I see same sense of humour and values, my car, my style, to many comments telling me I'd done wrong paint or wheel choice when doing my stang,you'll devalue it they just did'nt get it. how many of you have thrown big money at YOUR rides knowing full well your not going to get it back if you sell her, your paying for the ride it takes you on.

16. TestDummy

Yeah, $12K does sound low, now that you mention it. I never really documented how much I was spending, mainly because I didn't want to know. I have $6K in the long block and $1500 in the C6, then add headers, distributor, ignition, carb, radiator,....new suspension front and back,...many ebay purchases,....yeah, I've got over $12K.
    Yeah, he's finishing it on his own dime, which I said was nice. I don't have dimes right now so I can't complain much. I 'm also not in that big a hurry to get it done, never was.

17. airford1

That be ME!;)

18. airford1

It gives him something to do and he knows it's yours, I'm sure of that.

19. *RD*

*RD* In Maximum Overdrive

That is one of the biggest parts of the classic car hobby. Also ukchero, nice chero, and glad to see that you own another one, knew you would have another fairly soon after you sold your 71.

20. billg72469

billg72469 In Fourth Gear

Hey UK 72, whats it feel like to drive on the wrong side of the road , in the correct side of the car. I think it would take a little while if I had to shift with my left hand, would probably have to rebuild the trans after I got the hang of it. I think Sean has 72 envy, a one year bodys style, the best looking of all of them , I think he will just have to get one so he will feal better. Good luck with it on the other side of the pond, hope the cowl is sealed well so it doesn't rust out on you.