Goodbye 78, hello 62 or 66

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by havensole, Mar 31, 2011.

1. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Well the engine is pretty much complete now. I've been letting the paint sit on the block and heads for a few days and will try to get the engine put back together this weekend. I might wait on it if I can get my suspension parts sooner. Started cleaning the engine bay this past weekend and it has been an uphill fight against the grease buildup. Most if it is done now and I just need to finish removing some of the engine bay accessories, like the alarm and whatnot, before I can sand it all done and put a couple of coats in there. Hoping the suspension work wont kill me or put the engine mating off for too much longer. Been really missing driving the car.

2. havensole

havensole In Overdrive

Well I went ahead and bought most of the fuel injection stuff. Found a guy on craigs list that had pretty much everything needed to do the conversion minus the newer fuel pump and extra fuel lines. Going to be a process to complete everything but I am pretty excited. Came with two sets of fuel rails and upper manifolds and even two computers. Figure I can put the extra parts on ebay or something once I am done and hopefully make back about half of what I paid the guy ($175). Debating hooking up the original intake and carb when I install the engine just to make sure the engine is working in original condition before putting the new manifolds on. That way I know the engine itself works before trying to make the fuel injection stuff is working. I'll do all the installation bits for the EFI system but just not connect the main bits until I know the engine runs. That way I'm not trying to diagnose whether it is the engine or the fuel system that is causing any issues I might find at the same time.

Attached Files: