grille moulding new 72

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts for Sale LINKS' started by Giska1, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

2. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Yup, it`s damaged!!!

3. Lord Snow

Lord Snow In Fourth Gear

Oops, I mean UPS. LOL

4. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Or USPS possibly done it like they done the banner I mailed that got lost fer two decades :eek: they runned over it!!!!

5. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Fourth Gear

they probably got it that way,remember it is NOS and been kicking around for 40 years
    worth it though as i see oxidized used one with worse damage sell for that.That can be sent out and restored by stainless trim restoration service and know of a good one as I was gonna have him do mine eventually

6. Cool72

Cool72 In Third Gear

this is the first one i've seen in this good of condition. do any of you have an opinion on the price and the possibilty of finding one in better condition and cheeper:cool:

7. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Fourth Gear

they go up to $200-300 or more in better condition if you got the bucks buy it and send out to a trim restoration shop to have it restored

8. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

9. Giska1

I have payed from 89 to 150$ for the 3 I have, actually the cheapest one is the best one. I think this one is worth it but just barly.
    I have to fix mine to, but will try myself.
    I saw a video and think I can do it myself, its just thin aluminium so it should be easy to work with, just have to make the right tools.;)
    A small pad with some soft foam and leader streached hard over it, some acrylic tools with a rounded edge and a small hammer just made of wood.
    And then a bit hammering and a lot of tlc and patience it will be good again:D

10. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

I looked into making a reproduction cast from aluminum.
    It's doable, but to get the cost below $300 per I would have to have 30 or more made.

11. airford1

The one on my Ranchero before the crash was painted white and looked great. The point is that alittle bondo and paint can save you alot of money.

12. Cool72

Cool72 In Third Gear

13. airford1

This is what mine looked like after stripping the anodize and some bondo.
    [​IMG]

14. Giska1

That's one of the better ones:) get someone to weld it with a tig welder and just use a pad under it and make some tools, maybe just use some hard wood as oak to shape it out from behind, patience and some work will save you a lot, a mint NOS will be several 100 $ and you will have a hard time finding one.:eek:

15. Giska1

A good idea but I will chrome all my mouldings. The anodiazion stuff has to go, it just makes them dull. Chrome is the way to go if you need them shiny.:rolleyes: