"Her Favorite Color is......

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by MaryT, Nov 15, 2006.

1. MaryT

MaryT Guest

CHROME!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got all the chrome pieces on yesterday and worked on the interior today, which I'm really really close to done with. Well, except the radio and the glove box! It was too dark by the time I finished so I couldn't take pics :( I'll take them tomorrow though!

2. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

your lady has seriously come a long way since you bought her....great job Mary. :D :D

3. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

It sucks trying to get anything done when the sun goes down before 5:00 pm, but it looks like you are making good progress.

4. 73ranchero

73ranchero In Third Gear

lookin really good. Mary

5. Looks great so far, and you're moving quickly too. Now did I miss something? I've never seen a hood ornament on a Ranchero. Have I just not been observant or is that maybe a Torino clip?

6. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Moving right along!!!Shiney TOO!!!

7. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Now that you mention it, I've never seen one with an ornament either! I did an image search for Torinos and Ranchero Squires, and none that I found have a hood ornament.

I'll post a close up pic of it when it warms up outside and maybe someone will know where it came from. It looks good on her though :D

8. '75-'76 Ranchero "Explorers" had a hood ornament like that.
    Jim [​IMG]

9. MaryT

MaryT Guest

I've never heard of an "Explorer" type. Was it a special build, i.e. GT, 500, Squire? I'll have to see if I can find any info on that, thank you, CJ [​IMG]

10. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Here's a close-up of the hood ornament. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

And a further away pic, just in case.

[​IMG]

11. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Did the Explorers also come in Squire trim?

12. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

Didn't the explorer pick-ups have a hood ornament too, or at least a badge on the hood.

Mary, I looks great, keep up the good work.

13. CJ's explanation sounds good enough for me. Maybe you've got an Explorer on your hands, or at least parts of one.

14. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

The car looks great! as far as hood orniments go I have seen the 74-76 Gran Torino broughams with the torino crest hood orniments and some of those (I have seen two) on rancheros. this one is from an explorer package. I would leave it it gives the car character!

15. MaryT

MaryT Guest

It looks good on her and makes her more unique, so I'm going to keep it [​IMG]

Took pics of the almost finished interior this morning but the sun was in the wrong spot and the pics didn't look that great. I'll take new ones tomorrow afternoon. I have to get a new fan switch thing and replace some little light bulbs on the dash, but not too bad.

I didn't get to take her for a ride today as planned. Between hubby's projects and his worker that came over to fix something in his wheel there was no room to get my Lady out for a run. But tomorrow's another day :D

16. Hyrb

Hyrb Guest

I am seriously jealous! You are movin much faster than me.

My 73 Squire has a hood ornament. Different from yours. Maybe it's a squire thing? Maybe someone replaced my front clip. Who knows!

17. 75 Squire

75 Squire In Maximum Overdrive

Its not a squire thing, my 75 does not have one.

18. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Sorry Hyrb, I probably have alot more free time. Not sure that's a good thing in general, but it does help get the car done faster!

What does your ornament look like? I'm with Dan, I think they give the car character [​IMG]

19. Petey

Petey Guest

"I know ! I know !" hollers the geeky kid as the rest of the class mumbles to themselves. Remember the Grenada / Monarch cars from the seventys ? That's where those hood ornaments came from. Always fun when you had to replace a water pump.

20. If I get a chance tonight I'll dig out my books & see if I can scare up the info on the Explorer Rancheros.
    Jim [​IMG]