Holley Sniper 2300 for '64 Ranchero?

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by colnago, Jan 3, 2019.

1. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

I got thinking recently about installing the Holley Sniper EFI 2300 on my '64 Ranchero. If I pair it with an MSD dizzy, run new fuel source and return lines, and do all the work myself, it would probably come in under $2K. Anyone do this (or similar) on an older car like this? Good, bad, other? Should I go instead with an '88 - '92 (more or less) Ford 5.0 EFI engine? Should I stay with a carb?

I know nobody can tell me what I should do, but what experiences have others had? No, this isn't anything I need to do. I just think it might be fun.

Joseph

2. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

3. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

Andy,

Thanks for the link to your project. It looked great, until I got to the photo of your dash. EEK! Does your system control the dizzy advance, or is that still independent? Like you, I'd like to go multi-port fuel injection, but that's probably $$$, whereas the Holley kit is only $$. I was thinking about getting a 5.0 from a newer Mustang, but then I wouldn't know the condition of the injectors. At least with a new system, I have a warranty to back me up.

Wouldn't you know, the temps were hanging around 20* this morning. The girl fired right up and ran like a champ with the old Autolite 2100. So much for cold starts being a benefit to EFI!

Joseph