HOTCHKIS anti sway bars for 68-69 Rancheros

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by super green dog, Apr 4, 2019.

1. super green dog

super green dog In Second Gear

Hey guys, looking at adding new Hotchkis Front and Rear Anti-Sway Bars on my 1969 Ranchero GT. Think it came w a front bar (it had one when i bought it a few years ago...) - am looking at upgrading to improve handling.

Anyone done this? If so, do yo know what item numbers you used &/or any installation issues? I know they have them for Mustangs - but, not sure if they would fit/work without modifications.

Thanks!

2. super green dog

Hey guys - had the day off and drove over to Hotchkis yesterday - they're located in Sante Fe Springs (So Cal) - about 45 minutes away... Brought in and showed them my from bar. They took some measurements & matched it up w one that looks real close. Will be checking for fitment w/in the next few days. They also told me it would be OK to drive the Ranchero over to their shop & they'll check to see what they might have in stock for a rear bar... Keep you posted.

3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That's very cool on their accomodation of you and your rig. As always, we all love pics.

4. super green dog

Thanks for the comments Andy... Sorry - no pics yet - but it's installed and works great, really helps minimize body roll. There were Zero negative installation issues - it bolted right in place. Just in case anyone might be interested - the item info is: Hotchkis # 22115F Front Sway Bar, 67-70 Mustang.