Howdy from Arizona

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Brian Coote, Jun 27, 2020 at 1:18 AM.

1. Brian Coote

Brian Coote In First Gear

This looks like a great forum! I'm used to lurking the Falcon forums, but the Ranchero aspect covers so many more years, more variety and experiences.

No questions yet, but as I play around with my '62 Rancho with '68 200 I6 and a REAL three on the tree (3.03, not 2.77) I'm sure I'll be posting more.

Anyone in the southwest/Phoenix area use Desert Valley auto parts? They seem to have a lot of Ranchero parts, but you have to email your request and wait - I'm still waiting...

2. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome Brian,great site,lots of knowledge here,any pics?

3. T16592

T16592 In Fourth Gear PLATINUM MEMBER

Hi Brian ! I agree that there nothing like having a site devoted to our cars. Of course with all the great owners and their knowledgeable reply's I find it interesting to read about all years of Rancheros problems. Say is that the same Desert Valley Auto the same as the junk yard that was on TV a few years ago? I guess things change. On the TV show you pulled up to a parts guy/counter and they got your part. I understand about all the insurance / liability BS but does any salvage yard allow customer access to look and pick your parts ? Just wondering :confused:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020 at 2:35 AM
  4. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

5. thebruins

thebruins In Second Gear

I’ve been to DVAP a bunch of times, and every time I’d pay the $1 or $2 entrance fee and walk around on my own. You have to get a DVAP employee to remove the part for you, though. Last time I visited (November 2019) there were a bunch of 70s Rancheros but all of them were (almost) picked clean and not in a very great shape anymore. Managed to find a nice emblem so that was nice.
    It’s worth a visit, lots of other Fords as well so you might get lucky and find what you need.

6. Brian Coote

That's great! I'm looking for a large log head for my I6 200, along with linkage for kickdown. So it's not Rancho-specific. But a 1960-63 tailgate, I might be dreaming.

7. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

8. Brian Coote

I'll try to get in touch. Thanks!

9. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That's Eastern Washington, so drier than Western Washington, just not as dry as AZ. You should also ask them what all they do have, as there appeared to be doors and other panels.