I Like Barrett-Jackson

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by saxegotha, Jan 19, 2008.

1. I like the Barrett-Jackson. I look forward to watching it every year.

Not for the Shelbys or Vettes. Not for the Mustangs, Camaroes or Chevelles.

I watch for the unusual and truly rare cars. The Tuckers, the Hudsons. The old Lincolns. I want to see things that are truly rare or unique, not another Cobra copy or a Mustang that's rare because of a pinstripe. A Batmobile built off a 74 Lincoln? Spectacular. A Shelby recreation that Carroll Shelby himself autographed.? Flip to Ninja Warrior. Pesonally, I'm more interested in his wwII enlisted pilot experience than his contribution to automobiles.

I like the commentary and the auctioneers (SOLD IT SOLD IT SOLD IT is better than SOLD IT). I like the long legged chicks in the short skirts they've got parading signs around on stage. I don't care for Amy Assiter.

I've noticed three major classifications of buyer at the auction: the guy in the brown or black leather jacket and baseball hat, the fat guy in shorts who couldn't possibly fit behind the wheel of the car he's buying, and the annoyingly rich guy with upturned collar buying a car he probably knows nothing about.

My favorites of the show so far are the Kaiser-Derrins. What's yours?

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I also love it. Looking at those sweet cars on a cold winters day has become a tradition I would sorely miss.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  3. TestDummy

It's great to see the Mopars tanking on there this year. $150K for a 21,000 mile, #'s matching, 4 speed, Hemi, 1970 Cuda. 3 years ago that would have been a $500K minimum. And the Ford's are topping the list.

4. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

I agree with Saxe. The buyers are mostly old fat farts or girly men. No jealousy here!!!

5. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

6. TestDummy

There is something fishy about this one. The dash plaque does not say GT. They say it has original paint but the hood was painted gloss instead of flat in the 70's. I'm guessing they had to sand the paint off the hood to do that. And the bottom looks too freshly sprayed with undercoating. It wouldn't bring $100K but I would pay $30K for it.