I'll likely be crucified by Cindy....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by handy_andy_cv64, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

That would be a quick way to get those lights shot out in this part of the world

2. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Heh...the other day I was loading a pallet of block for a guy. He was more worried about me scratching his vehicle than the question of whether or not the damn thing could handle the weight. I positioned the pallet, grinned and said "Gee I LOVE working with a perty truck." I wonder if he'll be back.....

3. Hillbilly

I have a cousin who works at a sand, gravel, concrete block, and brick factory here. His tales about customers insane requests were hilarious at first but now after months of different nearly daily recounts I'm starting to believe someone let the residents of a looney bin loose around here. I won't go into details but I bet Cindy is wondering what the heck some of those folks are thinking - Like insisting that a new Cadillac trunk be filled with loose sand and expecting Grandma's crocheyed blanket to protect the car. I will say this, of everywhere I have been, the Staff at the Huntsville, AL. North Home Depot have been the most precise and carefull while loading big things into my truck. Not a scratch even while having to work with only a 1/8" clearance. My hat is off to them !

Cindy likes this.
  4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive

Every one of you old timers would win this game........

5. Hillbilly

Did you ever have any doubts ? Don't blink, you might realize you are well on the way to being on this list too.

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive

Nah, I think change is good. Ain't gonna be no curmudgeon. Back in my day....

Cindy likes this.
  7. beerbelly

beerbelly In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Sweet beer truck Hillbilly; looks like fun!

8. Hillbilly

That it is Beerbelly. Strategicaly planed to be under powered to avoid breakage but just enough to get far enough back in the woods that you got to pipe in the sunlight. Winch on both ends, big fuel cell, a/c for those scorching hot southern days, welder for when your Jeep buddys get under your skin enough to cause you to weld their rides together while they drink by the fire, air supply for tires and floats at those swimming holes without tourists, enough radio to call for help if needed, and most importantly that big freezer/ cooler that can keep the beer right at the point of ice crystals on the hottest day. I left out the stuff that should be on every crawler, hand throttle, cutting brakes, rock lights so you can see what has you stuck, and a little plastic stripper doing a pole dance on the Ham antenna. It IS fun !

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  9. beerbelly

beerbelly In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Do you actually fit in that? I worked with someone in TX who had one of those, and I could hardly fit.

10. Hillbilly

Actually, the cage makes it easier to get in and out. A set of Recaro seats gave a little more interior room but it really is tight fitting. Once strapped in you really don't notice that. Back of the cab is cut out and seats moved backwards too, helps. You can roll up the cab rear cover in nice weather, makes it feel roomier. I'd like it to be bigger but then you couldn't fit between the trees here.

11. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Chain saw would get you through the trees.

12. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Det cord. Faster than any Stihl, unless it has a Buick 215 V8....

13. Hillbilly

That happens now and then but we try to leave them alone.

14. Hillbilly

Yeah, that Buick saw is cool ! The current record holding saw uses an aluminum 4.6 v8 from a Land Rover. They are just modernized versions of those little aluminum Buick v8's from the past. Got a 93 Discovery with that engine out in the stash shed.

15. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

The lights in the dash of my 66 is but One!
    The High Beam indicator :D
    I`ma Glad I ain`t gotta translate all them others ;)

D

Nice Rock Crawler there Hillbilly!
    I had to chuckle when I visualized the part about welding the trucks together whilst they stand around drinkin beer

16. Hillbilly

Ask anybody in the club called "Damn Locals" out of Tracy City, TN. iffin' it happened. I'm sure you will get some colorfull answers cause it got real loud that night. The majority of them bulbs will either be #57 or #194 depending on when the guage cluster was made. They threw in a few oddballs too just for sport. Dennis, you get that package yet ?

17. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Ain`t got here yet, Petey...
    It done left TN?

18. Hillbilly

Dang UPS, it's had time to get there twice or more. Guess I got to go ride someone's hump and find it.

19. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive

Strategically underpowered. For those stray "Hold my beer" moments?

20. Hillbilly

That and I'd rather it stall the engine before twisting an axel.