I'm back...well, almost...

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by RancheroRandy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Fourth Gear

Have you ever made dumb decisions, ha! That's like asking if you are still breathing.... Once I sell my foolish and costly side-track ('91 Ranger with 351W/C6) I'll be back, hopefully, with a '63 Ranchero...and start the fun all over again.

ForistellFord and TestDummy like this.
  2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

It was the Windsor that ruined it, right?

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Good to see you back around.
    You have the Ranchero picked out, or looking?

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Is that 351W/C6 going in the Ranchero? I ask only because I'm wondering what mistake you made with the Ranger. Were there skid marks on both the road and only where your laundry knows? X^))

TestDummy likes this.
  5. RancheroRandy

The guy took in partial trade the RauchyRanger for the '65 I purchased from him...I'm still not sure why I bought that Ranger? Maybe I just like the idea of a big (well sorta) V8 in a small truck? I had fixed most of the crap done by previous owners but was at the point where I didn't want to go into the garage and be confronted by my "mistake". The '65 I got is pretty zoot but can tell the C6 eats up a lot of HP from the '90 5.0...The cruck is almost show quality and I'm not quite sure how to deal with that, ha! But, still things I will (and have already) change....the saga continues....

ForistellFord and TestDummy like this.
  6. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Cool! You kinda named it, too... Zootchero.

7. TestDummy

Pootchero.

Me and a friend stuck a 71 LT1 (350) into his mid-80's Ranger work truck, because he needed his truck, and he had the motor. With a welder and B&M shifter it was a really easy swap. One day, start to driver. One night we raced and beat a Buick Grand National. At the next light the guy in the Buick was parked next to us, laughing,..until a cop pulled up behind him, lights flashing. We still laughed, sitting in a Ford Ranger, with hubcaps, an aluminum camper top and two ladders on top.

8. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That's reserved for my eventual driveway fodder.

TestDummy likes this.
  9. TestDummy

I thought that was Rustchero?

ForistellFord likes this.
  10. handy_andy_cv64

Swap to a built C4 or AOD, and set the diff gears accordingly. Remember, that 5.0 has a 6K RPM redline from the factory, so choose carefully.

11. RancheroRandy

I've been toying with all (well 2 really) the tranny changes I could make...not sure why the guy who "restored" it (I have all the receipts and he paid way too much for most things) put a C6 in it...??? The engine is rebuilt and I really don't have any information about what was done to it? The guy I traded/paid for it was quite the "car nut" with about 10 vehicles in his yard and more at his shop and he got it in a trade... he has been trying to get info on the engine for me but nothing yet and I think the guy who worked on it has had some medical problems and won't/can't respond to his texts. I suppose I should be satisfied the way it is but can't help myself, ha!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  12. handy_andy_cv64

Damn. That's frustrating when yoh can't get answers. It's entirely possible the engine work made the C6 a necessity--is it equipped with an aux cooler, or a large standalone cooler?