I'm not sure I can support using a Ranchero this way.

Discussion in 'Non-Automotive Stuff' started by rfinnegan, Jul 18, 2018.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I was trying to compliment him, thinking he did stuff himself, instead of farming the easy work out. Sorry.

And I'd have liked a pickup bed as a bed when I was a kid too. But a real one :)

cbolt and ForistellFord like this.
  2. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

I would have needed more room for my Cabbage Patch Kids and Care Bears too. Real truck bed for little kid version of me too please.

cbolt likes this.
  3. TestDummy

You got it, bud.

ForistellFord likes this.
  4. ribald1

ribald1 In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Not an argument, not everyone knows much about construction and modern building techniques.
    You are right about the delivery. Everything is cut and brought to the site, even bundled such that all the pieces can be staged in the correct locations.
    Even when there are change orders, the lumber yard gets a call and the stuff appears on the site, often the same day if the call is made in the morning.
    Sending a guy with a pickup down to the yard with a list only makes sense if you are expected to find something for the owners son to do.

5. ribald1

I see you have your buddy working your stats up.
    That explains the good mood.

6. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Second Gear

Yea , same with me . I drive my 66 to work each day . take my greenwaste down to the depot when needed , go surfing , move my daughters furniture , and go to our monthly petrolhead breakfast [ like cars and coffee ]. I also go out of town -- min 2 hour drive to get anywhere from Gissy -- to the odd rod run. Definitely made to be used !
    Denis.

7. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

I think that we all should post here and everyone should get a like, or is it a requirement to just post useless info to get them, something that I have been guilty of.

8. ribald1

You get likes for substantive things (this is not one), everyone does.
    Most people don't have someone following them around liking almost everything they post though.
    As you are a normal person, useless posts will only get your post count up, not your 'likes'. A phony post count is easy to rack up, a phony 'like' count requires a (redacted) to do it for you.

9. cbolt

cbolt In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

Man I would take one of those car trunk couches as well. They have a bunch of them in the Corbin showroom down in Ormond Beach. I don't know if the missus would go for it, but I think that would be a cool thing to watch football on.

What can I say, I'm just an old gearhead.

10. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

It would be nicer if it had fold down sides and backrests, and of course... Beverage holders.

11. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

One of my assignments in art school was to design our ultimate chair. Mine was a hydraulic barber chair with full sheepskin seat cover, an ashtray on one armrest and a cup holder on the other. My instructor & I hit it off immediately.

12. Basstrix

Basstrix In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I have a parts car...I was thinking that it would look cool to cut from the core support forward (70 with unsplit grill) and mount it to a wall in my garage...setting it up so the headlights & marker lights could turn on... The problem is that the, with the exception of that particular grill surround (the grates are excellent...surround, not so much), the rest of the parts are good quality for someone in need.

13. ribald1

Another way to look at it is that the more different ways something is preserved the more likely it is to endure.
    Creating icons does more to keep something alive than items in glass boxes in museums.

14. rfinnegan

rfinnegan In Third Gear

You could always create a smaller Ranchero version of this, but use damaged parts instead of your good parts - they'd look more fitting for the role.[​IMG]

ForistellFord, cbolt and Basstrix like this.
  15. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

Silliness aside, I think it's really cool to have bits of a vehicle in the man cave, or elsewhere in the home if Mama agrees. I really don't see the problem. I remember Count's Kustoms made a pool table out of a Ranchero bed once too. What's so bad about it?

cbolt and Kiwirancher like this.
  16. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

I use the 74 ranchero for hauling anything and everything! That is why I spent the money and had the Line X bedliner installed. The only thing I don't do with it is drive it in the salted streets. I think the kid's bed is pretty bad ass. I would rather see that than a ranchero used in a demo derby.

cbolt likes this.
  17. TestDummy

In my garage in Michigan, I had a 2000 Ford Explorer grill/headlight assembly mounted on my wall, with the lights hooked to a 12v power supply. It was a great workbench light.

andrewok1 and ForistellFord like this.