Interesting Post...!

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts for Sale LINKS' started by RancheroRandy, Apr 23, 2020.

1. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I refuse to blame Rowan Auto from this one badly written post. You need details, and specifics. What did the do? How long ago? Did they install that stupid grille emblem and smash your front bumper?

The Wrench likes this.
  3. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Looks like a bit of a fire, there. Oopsy.

4. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

My guess is they did something to it and it caught fire after he took it home. Doesn't look like he's doing anything more than naming this shop as the cause of the fire???

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Spotted the likely culprit that caused the fire. I have seen way too many of those glass tube fuel filters unscrew for no good reason then cause a huge fuel spill. Pics show fuel was spraying forward from the area where that filter was in the fuel line to the carb. A gearhead oriented lawyer could stick it to this guy for dissing that shop.

The Wrench likes this.
  6. RancheroRandy

I guess I should find out a few more details....maybe I'm a little "sensitive" to from being screwed-over by so-called reputable shops in the past....

7. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, details would be nice in this case. The unfortunate part of being insulted to the point of calling yourself sensitive is that you got stung enough for it to become second nature. A truly trustworthy shop is a rare thing today. It's to the point where we do absolutely everything we can on our own before going to a shop. It is the only way to know the work really was done.

The Wrench and pmrphil like this.
  8. TestDummy

Speculation. You are convicting the shop without hearing their side of the argument. The guy posting this is, obviously, upset, and arguably stupid. The place is called Rowan Auto and Speed Shop, in Rockwell, NC. Not Rockwell Auto as he said. Secondly, Rowan Auto has 35 reviews on Google, and 10 on Facebook, and all are good (4 or 5 stars). This guy could have done something himself to his car. He might have declined to get something fixed at Rowan, because he didn't think it was required. Me? I'd go to Rowan based on their reviews, but wouldn't because I fix my own stuff.

9. Basstrix

Cleary, I'm speculating. The statement "my guess" makes that blatantly obvious to the average reader fluent in English. NOWHERE did I accuse the shop of anything. I said "they did something to it". That's pretty vague and open ended, don't you think??? Maybe they rebuilt the carb, maybe they changed the diff fluid...nobody knows because there are no details and I didn't add anything to the story. Next, I said "and it caught fire after he took it home"....it's obvious there was a fire but who knows when or where it happened....that was a simple way of saying "after he took possession"...and the reason I said that is because if it caught fire at the named shop, it likely would have been reconciled.

Hypocrite!

10. Chicago61

Chicago61 In Second Gear

I've seen quite a few car fires, and had one or two myself. How is that "Almost a Total loss"? The damage looks minimal. Why didn't he call his own insurance? Let his insurance investigate and place blame, then let the insurance companies duke it out.

11. TestDummy

Geez, relax. You are hardly convicting the shop because you, nor I, live anywhere near there, and they will never, in a million years, ever see what we type here.

12. Basstrix

Your words, but hey Saul Goodman!

sau goodman-sd.gif

13. TestDummy

Sigh. I meant convicting in the literal sense, as in they lose your business, or get in trouble for doing what they did based on your input. On a separate note, this last season of Saul was Breaking Bad good.

14. Basstrix

Sigh Sigh... There was no judgement of any sort expressed in my post.

Yes, this season of Better Call Saul has been pretty damn good. Looking forward to Yellowstone to come back...and Norsemen on Netflix...

RancheroRandy likes this.
  15. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Love Norsemen! Glad to see another season on the way.

Basstrix likes this.
  16. TestDummy

Ozarks? Yea, or nay?

17. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Definitely 'Yea'; my only issue is with the Ruth character; she just doesn't seem old enough to be in her position of responsibility.

18. RancheroRandy

So I contacted the guy and he said they didn't tighten a fuel hose and he had an under hood fire...for what it is worth...?

Basstrix likes this.
  19. TestDummy

Well, they are guilty!!!!!

20. Basstrix

That one's not on our list, will have to look into it.