Intruder alert!

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Lovinmy74, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

Perfect! motorcycles and hot rods go hand in hand... I've had a few, but my cruiser now is a 2009 suzuki intruder. (they changed the name to boulevard but its still an intruder) di a 2000 mile trip on it right after i bought it over to the oregon coast.
    [​IMG]
    mount hood.
    [​IMG]
    Okay this is just the local blue moon bar but it's a cool place!
    [​IMG]

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  2. Lovinmy74

1400 cc's on a 500 pound bike. i got pretty good at launching and pulling the front tire up slightly. well last summer (for a sidenote I can't do wheelies) (properly on purpose) I was coming back from a nice dinner with friends and i twisted it a little too far, I've never been able to just give her the juice and i still didn't, but i lifted the front tire slightly... then all of a sudden she shot up and the damn gas cap smacked me in my face plate! scared the crap out of me! she came down kimnda hard when I pulled in the clutch but I played it off like I planned it all along.

3. Lowrider

Lowrider In Third Gear

A buddy has a 88 1400 Intruder along with a newer Boulevard. Put 100k on the Intruder. Good bike except for the small gas tank. At 100 miles we were always looking for a gas station. The Boulevard he hates. Along with saying it was slow, he took it on a trip out west and got as far as Iowa when a piston pin walked out and grooved the cylinder. Spent a week getting it fixed then turned around and rode home. Didn't ride it too much after that.

4. Lovinmy74

Mine is the first year boulevard, all they did at that point was rename it, all the parts are just ordered as intruder parts. and yes I hop from gas station to gas station, I can get 150 miles on a tank highway cruising if I push it but I've had to switch to reserve at 80 miles if I'm playing around town.

ForistellFord likes this.
  5. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

I need to get my 1911 Indian single board track racer back to running again.

6. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero MODERATOR Staff Member

webedreamingagain

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  7. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive

Anyone who knows classic Indians knows damn well I ain't got one of those. If Carl can put the bee on me, everyone will know better too.

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  8. Lovinmy74

Then we can race, I'll give you a head start though.

9. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

IMG_20170730_164638.jpg IMG_20170730_164638.jpg Nice ride Lonny, here's a pic of mine I still prefer old American steel. 2003 HD Heritage Softail.

10. 1965 Ranchero 66G

11. 1965 Ranchero 66G

I have to admit that your background looks better than my back yard.