Judge wants to repeal the 2nd Amendment..

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Huevos, Mar 28, 2018.

1. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Seems to me there have been cases where an overly intrusive government body has been held off long enough by citizens bearing arms for the citizens to win their case in court. And the deaths by firearms in at least some of those cases were caused by government shooters. So the government may have the citizenry outgunned, but the mere chance of a firefight is sometimes enough to prevent their more egregious violation of our rights.

2. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

I have close $8K in Cabelas points, I think I will go stock up my armory. It's still not going to happen but thanks for the excuse.

3. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Sounds like the Bundy's situation.

4. plumcolr

Indeed, not to mention Ruby Ridge where an innocent was shot, or Waco when idiots could have arrested Koresh when he went into town but waited till he returned. They started a totally unnecessary standoff. And how many died as a result?

So who kills the most? Legally armed citizens, or out of control government officials who order, and brain dead minions who carry the orders out?

5. 1965 Ranchero 66G

I think that it will respectfully bow out of this conversation, for now, we are supposed to be anti political in here.

6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, beer cans ! xlarge_target_porscheice2 (2).jpg

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  7. plumcolr

I think a pissed off armed father would have drawn enough attention to the occurrences in Telford and Rotherham (wasn't there a third place? Oxford?) that they would have been ended rather more quickly. I am not a big believer in ad-hoc justice, but if my grand-daughter were caught up in something like that, I suspect someone would be answering to his god, whichever he calls it.

8. plumcolr

Ah, but that's not political. We have enough numb-nuts who think they should rule the world in all political persuasions. And waaay too many unaccountable functionaries.

9. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

We are citizens rather than subjects.
    We are superior to our government, it exists at our whim.
    The servant does not disarm the master, otherwise you would have disarmed your government.

10. 1965 Ranchero 66G

How many TERRORIST attacks in the UK could have been thwarted by an armed citizen instead of,, going for cover, take away the guns from law abiding citizens that are willing to put themselves in harms way and they win. JMO.

11. plumcolr

Sometimes I think they let us believe that.

12. ribald1

If you own a lathe you can never be disarmed. If you also have a mill, you can make modern weaponry. If you have a source of Sulphur, you have access to near unlimited amounts of powder as making the other two items is easy. Build a charcoal gasifier, and you have fuel for your generator.
    Even if they sweep away all the firearms, they will still have to face the most dangerous weapon we have, our brains.

13. GBH Jon

GBH Jon In Third Gear

Blimey, I didn't realise how you all feel under threat by your Government. Quite an eye-opener! When's the next Revolution?

14. ribald1

It is true that once a freedom has been taken away, as in your case, there is no longer a risk of losing it, nor is there a point in defending what you don't have.
    Chains bear more lightly once one is accustomed to them.

15. GBH Jon

GBH Jon In Third Gear

Heh.......if fear is the price of freedom, you can keep it.......out of interest what freedom have we Brits lost?

16. ribald1

Don't know what this fear you keep talking about is.
    We who are armed have no real need to be fearful.
    As to your lost rights, the Bill of Rights in our constitution almost exactly matched English common law at the time, including the right to arms, and freedom of speech; specifically political speech.
    I suspect you are not a student of your own history.

17. GBH Jon

GBH Jon In Third Gear

.True......we do have a lot of history, more than some other countries.......so forgive me for not being up to spec. Perhaps over time we've moved on?
    As I see it, fear created your need to arm yourself, then the next guy feared you, and so on.
    If that's your security blanket, that's good.
    Just seems like a vicious circle too me.
    But hey at the end of the day I'm just a Brit with Ranchero who sees the news showing kids getting shot up, and wonders why a lot of you are against any form of control of said weapons.

18. ribald1

At the end of the day, I am just an American who sees the news of people getting mowed down by trucks and bombs, along with getting decapitated, and wonder why a lot of you haven't resolved that.
    I don't care that you all don't want the freedoms we have, that is your business and your life.
    Be happy that you can live as you like, and we can live as we like.
    By the way, thanks for extricating yourself from the recent German takeover attempt without our needing to send our gun carrying men to help out. Not that we wouldn't do it, mind you, should the need again arise.

Basstrix and PonyExpressRider like this.
  19. GBH Jon

GBH Jon In Third Gear

You got me there....... couldn't have done it without you! Thanks......

20. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Well said ribald...

Not to many slow down to take a true analytical look at why WE as Americans have the rights we do.

The Founding Fathers wanted to ensure that "The People" never again would live under the fear of tyranny of a Government again. And gave "The People" the right of self preservation. So the United States is the only Country in the World where "The People" were given the responsibility of controlling the Government and the ability to do it, by force if need be, with the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. The Second Amendment also gives us the ability to defend our right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness.

The thought that gun control somehow makes a dent in gun violence is like pissing into the wind and hoping you don't get any on yourself. For example; Canada passed their gun control in 1997 (just like England and Australia). In 2006, knives were the weapon of choice. Far out pacing the expected gun violence had the ban not been in place. In England... in 2006, Home invasions and Car jackings were up 400%. Sorry Jon, those are your Governments Figures. In Australia, sexual assaults have skyrocketed.
    But do you know what didn't change significantly in any of those Countries? The number of murders with guns! There was a drop, but no where near what you would expect.

I did a research paper on guns and violent crime in 2008, as part of my Bachelors Degree... was interesting where the evidence went. Russia, has what is arguably the toughest gun laws in the world. Yet is ranked amongst one of the most violent, with guns/per capita, in the world.

If you really want to have an affect on violent crime. Gun crime particularly. Then you have to remove those who would do others harm from Society. A firearm is merely a tool. Which requires a pair of hands, and a brain for cognizant thought, in order to make it function. It is not the guns that are the problem. But the evil which exists in human minds.

cbolt, Basstrix and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.