Length of a '75 GT

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Clark, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Anyone know the length of a '75 GT? Will it fit in a 10'x20' storage unit?

2. MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

If it does it would be very tight and you might have to cut a moon roof to get out.

3. Clark

Wikipedia says 18' 4" for a '77-79. Seems like a '75 ought to fit.

4. MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Same as my '68 which I thought would fit into my 20' garage and it does if my wife doesn't need to do laundry.

5. pdw72

pdw72 In Maximum Overdrive

Close but tight, I believe my '72 was about 18'-19' long, parked it in my mother-in-laws garage for a couple winters, she lived in an apt complex so I believe the garages were small.

6. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

Yap, it will fit. If you a fat a s s you might have a problem getting out.
    ;)

7. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Was waiting to see where you were going with this Clark. Most guys up here glue something to the wall on the driver's side that acts as a rub-strip / paint protector for the door edge just in case they have to squeeze their selfs in or out of their car. I prefer the push it in the hole in neutral then wheel chock method both because I'm too wide to be crawling in that tiny door opening and I can push the car in and out while it's in a full cover. Battery disconnected before the push. Those buildings really don't seal shut very good, a cover is a necessary evil as are about four large dissicant bags in there with the car - NOT under the car, just in the room with it. While you are there throw in around four packs of rodent remover, Havoc brand works great. Again, not in the car but in the corners of the room. I don't know if I'd be comfortable choosing a place North of the Lilly Flagg area because of that tornado alley thing that seems to be stuck close to Airport Rd. Ditto for the fog and humidity back toward the river. What's it like just over Montesanto or between you and where you go up Green Mtn. ?

8. Clark

I looked at a 10'x20' and thought no way. Took a 10'x30' which works well. This is a temporary move anyway.

Hillbilly: I tried a place in north Huntsville, looked around at the neighborhood, and thought no way.
    Ended up on south Parkway on Redstone Road at Uncle Bob's. People were decent, the units are fairly new, no way it could ever flood.

9. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I said that same thing a year ago! I have a 20'x20' unit in the rear of an industrial park. At least in my area storage units are very pricey and have many restrictions on vehicles and access times. By going to an Industrial park for about the same money I have 24 hour access to my stuff, power in the unit and lights. Also their cool with mechanical work (within reason) being done down there. Haven't used it for that (all my tools are at my house) but it's nice to have that option.

For the record my '60 Ranchero barely fits in mine if I put it in there on a slight angle.

Kevin