Lincoln Mark Iv-chero

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Classifieds' started by LUCKYJACKASS, Jan 17, 2014.

1. LUCKYJACKASS

LUCKYJACKASS SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER

2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

I certainly hope the car is better than his camera! :eek:

3. LUCKYJACKASS

It must be an old camera. Looks like it worked better in 1998...the last picture. :rolleyes:

4. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

Dang, posting expired!! wouldnt have minded seeing what that looked like!

5. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of a kind! 1972 Lincoln Mark IV custom built into a truck. The restoration/conversion was done in 1995-1996. 30K original miles. 460ci V8. Runs good. I'm in the process of replacing the fuel tank. That is the only thing it needs besides a new and proud owner. Be ready for A LOT of attention at the gas pump. I have many stories to tell about this truck. I would love to keep it, but just don't have the time anymore to give her the attention that she deserves. I have owned it since 1997 and bought it from the individual in central Georgia that had the car built. Please call or text Marc with your interests/inquiries.

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Sort of like those hideous 77-79 Ranchero's.

7. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Hey, 77-79 owners are our brothers too, so don't be picking on them. Everyone can't be lucky enough to own the most desirable Ranchero, which is obviously the 72 fishmouth.:p

8. TestDummy

I wasn't picking on them at all; I was just pointing out the hideous beauty that are the last Ranchero's. You are correct, though, the 70-71 is the best looking Ranchero.

9. LUCKYJACKASS

Looking at the lines on this thing, that was a lot of custom fabrication to keep the lines of the Mark IV throughout the bed and tailgate. The door obviously had to be shortened as well. I'd like to see this one up close, just to see the workmanship on it. From the one clear picture, it looks like a really great job was done on it. Giving it a second look, maybe the door wasn't shortened.

10. TestDummy

This thing looks close. It was made by some aftermarket company to haul floral arrangements to funerals, or something. This guy was selling it in the little town I live in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

And you didn't buy it? :eek: You just missed your chance to own the most unique......not the best looking.......but the most unique Ranchero on this site!

12. TestDummy

It wasn't a Ranchero, and yes I didn't make an offer. The main turnoff was the vinyl top that wrapped over the top and down the side of the bed. That and the whole thing was just fugly.

13. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Kinda like the majority of all the Rancheros...

14. Lincolnut

Lincolnut In Third Gear

I would drive it for sure..............................What did he want for it?.......

Mike

15. TestDummy

The sign said it was $30K new, in 1977, and I believe I heard at the time that he wanted $11K for it. It was #7 of 12 built. Who cares? It's still a POS.

Call him up. See if he still has it. I haven't seen it since. 434-531-6759

16. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

Thanks Carl, only just noticed you had posted the pics. I have to say though, not a bad effort, i like the way they went to the trouble of shaping the door windows like the Cheros...and i notice the extended the back to give it the right proportion...the thing must be HUGE!! ...my '73 Mk IV is already a full foot longer than my Chero, so im guess this must be well over 20 feet long...just a shame they had to chop up a '72 the nicest looking of all the mark Lincolns in my opinion.

17. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Maximum Overdrive

My wonder on these customs is how good are the welds and how much body filler is covering the welds. For the price he's asking he could at least fix the headlight covers.