Linkage post

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by PonyExpressRider, Apr 25, 2017.

1. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Overdrive

Ok, so reassembly is in progress on my 69 GT. But have not had any luck locating the Tranny linkage post that attaches to the tranny side.

My Uncle took the column shift linkage out to make room for headers and also put in a floor shifter. I was able to locate and get the linkage out of a parts car, but the tranny was already gone. So was not able to get the pivot post.

Anybody got one, or now of a source?

2. Mike1969

Mike1969 In Fourth Gear

If you could provide a similar picture of what you are looking for that would be very helpful. Also, I assume you have a C6 automatic trans? I called my Dad after reading this and he said he might be able to source something from a truck C6.

3. PonyExpressRider

Looking at this diagram, looks like I need the entire assembly, as the assembly I have is off of a 302. Looks like big blocks are different..

Attached Files:

4. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER GOLD MEMBER

[​IMG]is this the type you have

5. PonyExpressRider

That is the type I need. According to the Diagram, the FE and 302 are different. So looks like I need the entire linkage setup. I think I have the connecting rods, but... If someone has the all, I might a well make sure I have it right. Thanks Guys

6. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

might want to hit up riogrande guy that had posted his phone number on a couple posts in wanted section. 66-69 parts for sale.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  7. PonyExpressRider

YEP! I think his keyboard was still warm when I hit him up! LOL