Little Engine Build - Motivational Pictures

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by 72GTVA, Feb 23, 2008.

1. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

New engine for my 429 Ranchero:

D0VE-A Block, 4 Bolt Mains 2, 3, 4
    429 CJ on a Hybrid 70/71 Build: 10.88:1 Compression Ratio, Forged Pistons
    CAM Grind: 280/287 .530/.524 total lift at the valves
    D0OE-R Heads, Roller Rockers 1.73 lift ratio.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2008
  2. 72GTVA

More Motivational Pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

My garage didn't look as nice as yours, but my engine does,.....
    [​IMG]
    ALL HAIL THE BIG BLOCK!!!!!!!

*Sorry about posting a picture in your thread. I feel like Sarah,....heheheheheheh :)

4. 72GTVA

Not my garage...

Not my garage, had to build it off site as I am in gridlock here!!! Why the gray paint on a Blue Oval engine?

5. *RD*

*RD* In Maximum Overdrive

Green with envy, that is all I have to say about that motor. Also what paint did you use gtva, por 15 engine paint becasue that is what my cleveland looks like after I painted it. I got more pics of mine to come after I get my car and intake this week. Also very nice motors guys.
    DAve

6. 72GTVA

Por-15

POR-15 Engine paint, Ford Corporate mixed with their reducer to sprayable and shot at 33 psi.

7. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

GTVA Grey is his out look on life.............I think he is still seperated from his family and his ride..........

8. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Ha, you be funny! No, that is the original color of the engine (it was an OMC380 marine engine in a prior life). After hot tanking the block and heads 99% of the color was still on there. It's some kind of epoxy paint so I just left it. Nobody said all Ford engines need to be blue. Blue being 5.0's outlook on life. :D

9. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Hey the 5.0 In the pyl is Grey too............But you right I am a little blue this week end........lost a fish last night had to flush him down.................watched the little grow up its been pretty hard.......his mama squirted im out 2 years ago he was the only one that was not eaten by the father............:(

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
  10. Bob Jones

Bob Jones In Third Gear

Engine Color

Awww, yes. Haze grey paint makes this ole sailors heart swell. Love those Navy colors, thanks for sharing.
    VR
    Bob J.

11. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

Beautiful works of engine art... :)

12. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Very fine there 72GTVA, but is that the original cast iron intake manifold? I'm gonna part with that 200 pound monster on my 460 the next time I have to pull it.

13. 72GTVA

Yes,

That is the original 429 CJ intake manifold matched to the heads and block, all off of the original build. A surprisingly good performer although I hate that Ford used the Rochester carb on it. I tend to stay as close to original build at least externally as much as I can. It might see some "adjustments" depending on the dyno results in about a month or so.

14. lawman

lawman In Third Gear

Your engine

I'm motivated! I'm motivated! Please come down to Louisiana and perform your magic on my 351.

15. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

I'm motivated, bought some more D0VE-C heads today 5000 miles after rebuild, he are going for R heads and I payed 200$ for the pair. I have 4 pairs now !!!! 1 with bigger valves and "new" and I've got 3 460's and a 429 so it is needed. :D:D I'm doing a stroker 532 or 557 later. :D

16. 72GTVA

Two More...

Two more engines I hadn't posted the "assembled" pics yet:

351 CJ #2 left, 351 CJ #1 Right:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 72GTVA

Well, me and aluminum...

I guess I should have added this before... but I don't get along well with aluminum intakes for some reason... I've had several that exfoliated/corroded to the point of leaks and were unrepairable, and that was after only about 5, 7, and 8 years of operation respectively on the different engines. None of the usual "suspects" for the causes could be isolated (bad ground with positive charge in coolant and lack of coolant replacement/maintenance were ruled out). There had to be a cause but we never did find one, and I was out a lot of Rancherobuck$$$ at a time when I really couldn't afford it. We'll see how it dyno's and I may consider a change down stream...

18. Fomoco8

Fomoco8 In Maximum Overdrive

There really was!

Hey there really was 2 engines under that bench,, and a bench too !!Beneath all that other stuff I couldn't tell last time.. I see you 've been cleaning , Just kidding ya a bit there Dan, They look very good,, Is that Big Block home yet? !!

19. 72GTVA

No yet...

I want to finish finding the bottom of the garage first... I know it's there somewhere... at least, that is the rumor... :p

20. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

It's better to have a garage full of treasures than a clean one. :D Very nice engines Dan.