Little Engine Build - Motivational Pictures

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by 72GTVA, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Fomoco8

Fomoco8 In Maximum Overdrive

That's the reason I always tell people to remove it and the wiper motor., Even the most careful person can have a bad day,,,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Don't throw that busted case away, someone will need to repair and use it later on. Nothin' prettier than a fresh big block is there ? Being able to see the fine details makes my day Dan. Pretty! The original intent was to use the two fours on a 59 Monterey Cruiser build but as time passes I'm leaning to going all Neanderthal on a 91 Town Car with a stroker dry sumped to help with the clearance issues. ProCharger and some gee-whiz boxes helped it into the 200 mph range but those ModMotors still just sound wrong to my ears. Too much like a turbine when ya spool it up good. I'm going denture rattling piss off the entire neighborhood but with a/c and all the power toys this time.

3. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

How well I know - the one replacing that one was broken also and I repaired it with Marine Epoxy. I'll clean that one up and set it aside to be repaired and put away later.

Carl had to find me a '74 up evaporator case - I couldn't find a new evaporator for a '72 for Bluefish but could buy all the '74 and later evaporators that I could possibly want or use. Ford changed dimensions in '74 to a deeper unit making the cases I had unsuitable.

4. Hillbilly

We all like our Rat Thumpers be they FE's or 385 versions. Here's ya one Dan, how's about that plumbing ?

Attached Files:

5. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

6. Fomoco8

Fomoco8 In Maximum Overdrive

I guess if someone was doing a resto and got in a bind that kind of price may fly,other than that he can go piss up a rope,

7. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

If I am spending $750 on that sort of thing you can bet there will be headers a rumblin! Some of these guys are smokin some great stuff :).

8. Hillbilly

Must be dipping it in rocket fuel or formealdehide, eh ? Someone out there will be pleased as a hog in slop though at that price, guarantee it. Never was a huge supply of our go fast bits so don't get all excited when that price tripples. Think it won't ? Hide and watch. Good advice is save the super rare parts for those concours restorations and run modern parts on drivers.

9. Hillbilly

429 / 385 series parts - - - For street and most racing you can use hogged out common heads and good coated headders with great results. Best prepair to bring the bank if you want or have real need for the exotic pieces.
    Dan, think this will clear the crossmember in a Crown Vic or town Car ?

Attached Files:

10. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

It looks like it might be a little snug... I'd have to mock it up. In my mind's eye it seems like it could just fit by raising the engine just a touch but without measurements I wouldn't bet the farm that it would go without a little adjustment.

That is a good looking unit!

11. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Posting classics for years and years. You may be a bad site leader but you're funny as hell.

12. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Funny? I cried when I read that, just a little.:(

13. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That's why it's funny.

14. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I am totally embarassed that I missed that. Geez, I'm slipping; slipping like Ribald.:rolleyes:

15. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Looks like Meathead and Gloria are setting up a drum circle here:p