Major milestone, IT'S ALIVE!

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Boiler92, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear

I looked at this beast the first time in December of 2018. Passed on the deal due to a rusted out floor pan and no gas tank and it having been sitting for 18 years. I kept looking for a project as the months passed and wondered about it. Texted the Owner and took another look. He came down a grand on his asking price and I hauled it home in October 2019.

Sand blasted and painted under the bed, put a new floor in it, fabbed up new throttle linkages because the old ones were gone, new brakes and new gas tank, new tranny filter and pan gasket and many months and hours of labor, and a few bucks later, here she is.

Oh, and lots of help from the fine folks on here too.

And I'm just getting started.

2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Congratulations on a job well done!

3. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear

Thanks my friend. I've got a lot more to do yet for sure but it felt good to get this far. It was worth the aggravating days I had a time or two when things weren't going right. They're forgotten now.

4. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

LOL... just 9 months? Mine took 4 years...

Well done!

Kiwirancher, beerbelly and Boiler92 like this.
  5. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

6. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear

Sorry, but I feel like a kid on Christmas. Had to share this off-road adventure. No plates or insurance yet. I'll take care of that this week and hit the road.

Got to do something about the passenger side window too. Can't handle the knocking inside the door. The window and brackets are in the barn. Whatever's left inside there bangs around a lot.

7. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

1) nice garage
    2) nice house
    3) sure you need all that land?:D

Boiler92 likes this.
  8. PonyExpressRider

I would have been in trouble... there may have been a donut or two at the bottom of the hill... ;):cool:

Boiler92 likes this.
  9. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear

Thanks guys.

We bought 10 acres, about half open field and half woods many years ago for $20k. Had to take out a home equity loan against our first little 1,100 SF cracker box house to do it. The wife and I have built it up over time. Raised 3 kids and various animals on it but it's all ours free and clear now.

PonyExpressRider and beerbelly like this.
  10. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear

Here's an update. Any comments on the gas gauge wire?

11. PonyExpressRider

Your shoulder strap is in the correct place... just need the double snap in the middle.

Gas level wire... should be a single wire back along the center of the bumper. would attach at the back of the tank, and run along the flange on the drivers side, and attach at the single post on the fuel sending unit.

12. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Fourth Gear

Found the gas gauge wire but encountered other problems. Made a thread on it. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated

13. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Should be a blade with pin on shoulder belt that connects to lap belt.May be tucked in cover at shoulder anchor. Like that on my 72 anyway...
    May want to wait on installing rear window if your going to replace headliner and roof carpet.
    SAM_4768.JPG