McMaster-Carr

Discussion in 'Non-Automotive Stuff' started by Clark, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

In case you don't know of them, McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) is a superb source for hardware of all kinds and great folks as well.

I bought a couple of pressure gauges to monitor water pressure in the house when I had to replace a bad pressure regulator; i.e. one gauge on the inflow side and one on the outflow. After a couple of years I found both pressure gauges to be half full of water -- a very bad sign. I asked the folks at McMaster about this and they agreed that these gauges should last much longer than that. Then they looked up my order and from two years back and refunded my money! How good is that!

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

What he said. If I order something from them at noon today, it'll be here tomorrow morning. And their catalog is extensive.

The Detroit area Grainger warehouse was down the street from my old job. That was very handy, and they had an area full of outstanding clearance and returned items. I bought way to much stuff there.

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Grainger is a good source if you need something right away, but they charge double or more than the cost elsewhere.

4. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

MMC has provided great support to our company. They list very few brand names in the catalog, but you don't get junk when you order. They also will
    source parts for repairs on items they have access to.

5. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I agree; Grainger good stuff but waaay overpriced; McMaster-Carr good stuff great service. If it's hardware they have it.