Merry Christmas Ranchero.US!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ForistellFord, Dec 12, 2018.

1. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

And the haircut and sneakers. Again, no offense to the Brits here. I'm sure they have great teeth, and are more fashionable.

2. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Merry Christmas

ForistellFord likes this.
  3. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

I have to ask: When the receiver opens this card, does the dueling banjo "Deliverance music" start playing??

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

No. You open it, and hear the one hick yell, "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!" Isn't technology wonderful?

5. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Well, I've had RED 20 years so I'm sure you don't want to know every detail, so the skinny......... four years ago I repainted RED partially because my insurance didn't want to repair him from hail. So my grandsons got dirty as we took his hood down to metal to repair the hail damage and I repainted him on the roof, hood and the nose so his look has changed. Two years ago the hubby Klaus rebuilt the engine again. Yes boys again. But it looks and sounds great passes everything but a gas station. It's now bored 60 over so the next time we will have to have it sleeved and start over. Its running at 12.5 to 1 compression, same intake, same exhaust, flat top pistons, we did however replace the Carb as he just didn't get along with the old one. Its now a Chrome 750 Holley with finally an automatic choke. Sure makes life easier when he hasn't been cruised in awhile. Being a newbie you don't know Red is 1 of 283 built in 72 with the 351CJ and 4speed. He is the 500 but wears the GT Bonnet. I will get some pictures I have a video of the cam break in I might post. So when I do get out He does get his fill of Rice for lunch. However he has become very popular no one wants to race him anymore (Heavy sigh)..... there are several Threads here of our shenanigans somewhere. I was a property manager for an apt complex for the last six years but that has ended due to the owner selling the complex. So now that I have weekends back I may get him out to do an occasional car show again.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  6. sarah

UHMMMM NO.... Connor is grown up so much but he can't handle the crew, his brothers yes they are 7 and 5. Austin the oldest is almost as big as Connor albeit he is five years younger. The difference in the dads are extreme. Sean, Connor's dad is 6 foot but Donnie the other two's dad is 6'5" and massive. So Connor doesn't have what it takes if Austin and Levi get together to control them. Derek the youngest boy, he is named after Derek Jeter and Jackie Robinson....thus Derek Robinson...yes mom and dad love baseball..... He just as tough but I don't think his mom would let me leave him alone with Connor either. Besides that he is all about protecting his sister Zoey Brooklyn....yes Dodgers....lol so however nice it would be.... it will not happen. Besides that his nose is too deep into his tablet or the Animal planet channel.

7. sarah

I didn't hear I'm so happy you are doing well. We all know God took care of you. do you have pictures of your chero around? I love seeing pictures

8. sarah

9. sarah

Not too bad for my first paint job .I did just the black

10. sarah

11. sarah

Ok then the most recent for the last 3 years I was going to a pain MGMT dr because of my knees. November last year I was driving home and driving like I always do in rush hour traffic..slow, well I was a mile from home switched lanes to the center lane lo I could turn left and I hit a land Rover with Red. We bounced but held our lanes because it's a road threelanes each side. I signalled him to follow me because I was not going to hold up traffic. We got to my house I told him I wasn't running I just did not want to risk getting hit again. He was very nice and so sad for Red, the driver's side door all the way down to the back end of Red was injured. But nothing to his vehicle. We traded info he didn't see we needed to call the police so I had given his information to my insurance company and it took a week but Red is all fixed. So am I, the Dr sent me to an orthopedic surgeon and April this year I had a double knee replacement. He was amazed I could walk because my upper bone was grading away at my fibia. I was down a short bit but up and walking pain free in three weeks. No more Norco, Morphine or Oxy. Now I can chase the grandson's around and speed shift like a pro.

So the skinny well not meso much, I had gained some weight in the last three years because I couldn't hardly walk. This spring I will be working it off walking the littles since I have my own business I stay home work my business and take care of my grandbabies..my life is blessed.

12. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That's so good to hear. My big Brother Tim just went through the first of both knees getting replaced; he'd worn his out because, like me, he was morbidly obese, but he lost most of his excess weight, and he also will be looking forward to going on walks with his blushing bride again. I'm trying to work on losing weight, but most of the time I get the crap I'm not supposed to eat from the food banks since money's so tight, I can't buy what I need.

This is what I did last year and this year on Babe: http://www.ranchero.us/forum/index....er-things-from-working-inside-the-dash.21952/ This is page 1.

BTW, yours is fabulous! I love the black-and-red; have you bought a Hot Wheels Fishmouth Chero to paint in that scheme (they come from the factory red)?

13. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

It`s good to see you`re posting here, Sarah
    Remembering our relationship as I type this...
    :D where are the archives?:D
    ++>Who`s online was an excellent way to keep in touch<==

Merry Christmas

14. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Thanks Sarah. Great story and a beautiful car. I'm glad you're in better shape to dust off the "rice" too.

15. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Some things never change = Red get's prettier and the Ricers learn who not to mess with. Don't go for "pinks" if you challenge the Lady in the Red Ranchero.

16. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Well yeah, because you'd be stuck with the payments.

TestDummy likes this.
  17. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

What's Red run in the quarter, or 1/8? I seem to recall a trip to the strip, but can't recall the slips. Or maybe it was a tractor pull? Whatever.
    I see Red still has Carl's favorite wheel/tire combo on her.

18. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Grouch was the puller, which reminds me, how is Grouch? Angrier than ever I bet.

19. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

20. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive