Motorcraft Mercon V ???

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by Clark, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

What's with Motorcraft Mercon V? The local stores (NAPA, Advanced, O'Reilley's, Walmart) have it only in quarts at about 8 bucks each. I need two 5 qt jugs but Amazon is the only place I see it and that's even more expensive. The parts stores say they can't get it. ebay is the best price at $5.57 a quart but I have to buy it in 6 quart cases.

2. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Price gouging Clark. Try buddying up with the parts guy at the local Ford dealer. He might be able to help you out if he isn't being watched too heavily by the bean counters.

3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Jesus. Last time I needed MV, by the quart, it was a few pennies under half that price, and it wasn't that long ago. Considering the price of crude bottomed out, this truly is price gouging.

4. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Did you try Wally World?

looked real quick $4.82 qt (Super Tech)

5. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That's not bad these days; you're sure it was Mercon V and not just Dexron/Mercon? In '99 or '00, I got to do a '95 Windbag's trans R&R for a rebuild, because the dolt who owned it did the trans service but grabbed 'Mercon,' not realizing it was the first trans that took Mercon V.