Moving is Hell...when you play "Hurry Up & Wait"

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by handy_andy_cv64, Nov 22, 2022.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

We STILL have not left for Noo Yawk Stayht yet.:confused: Waaaaaaay too much stuff collected over forty years of owning a beautiful home. Throw in custom furniture made for the house when it was built in 1947 originally, and everything simply takes Waaaaaaay too long.:rolleyes:

Hillbilly and Lincolnut like this.
  2. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Last time we moved, it was 8 years of "stuff". Was still a nightmare.

3. handy_andy_cv64

Try two plus decades, if not more.

Yeah, we still have yet to leave. Nearly done, but I've been here since Saturday morning. If we are not on the road today, they're taking me home, then when they're ready, I'll be out to do the driving.

4. handy_andy_cv64

We finally left yesterday evening, and went about 90 miles to San Marcos, on I-35. We stayed at a Voucher Villa, and at 5:40 am, some beeyotch meth chick kicked and screamed at another door wanting in a room, and busted the window. That's when the guy flew out the door and read her the riot act. Could not get back to sleep. Bleh.
    As a switch, we got to Texarkana, TX, and had a Thanksgiving potluck dinner at the nice motel we're staying. Y'all have a good night.

5. handy_andy_cv64

Lunch off I-40. "Stuck in Memphis with those Nashville Blues again."

6. handy_andy_cv64

Finally in Noo Yawk State of Mind. Our destination's tomorrow, we're in Oneonta tonight, and I fly home outta Albany Thursday morning.

Lincolnut likes this.
  7. handy_andy_cv64

We finally arrived. 2086.0 miles, from the Buc-ee's in New Braunfels, TX, to Cambridge, NY.
    The property goes from the road up into the hills behind the house and barn. Many dead trees that will require removal, but James' mom wants to plant American Chestnut trees that have been bred to be more resistant to the Chestnut Blight that pretty much wiped out the American Chestnut tree as a species. So hopefully, that will work in her favor.

8. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Red is in Glen Falls NY

9. handy_andy_cv64

So after unloading the Trooper late in the afternoon, and returning the trailer there wasn't diddly to do the rest of the day. I flew out of Albany late this morning, and am on a layover in Charlotte, NC till a titch after five PM.