My 1979 Ranchero GT

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Matt, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Matt

Matt In Second Gear

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg This car was my fathers, he has had it since '83. I have grew up in this thing. Took us from car show to car show. He always had a million other things to do and never any time for the car. I have been car crazy since I could work. The car has a 351m with 400 internals, Comp cams mutha thumpr, long tubes, Holley 650, 3500 stall with a c4. not sure where I'm going with it, but I'm sure it's not going to be very street able by the time I am done. bad habit of mine lol I have a 2012 mustang GT 634rwhp, 673tq, but I have shifted my focus onto restoring the ranchero. He passed suddenly about a year ago leaving the car in pretty bad shape. So here I am making her whole again to try to fill the void. I've been posting various threads in search of help and I couldn't be more thankful to everyone helping! thank you! my car is a little more simple, you plug a computer in and tune it nice to meet you guys! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

HuevosRanchero and Stephen like this.
  2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That sure is nice, and the Ranchero's no slouch either. :^))

3. Matt

Matt In Second Gear

thanks Andy! it's hard thinking the ranchero is quick when you hop out if the mustang, but it moves! lol

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I would love to have even just a mild V8 Mustang (convertible would be t!ts), but I'm sure, with my lead foot, I'd start racking up tickets again.

5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Part of it might be maturity, but I have found that the more HP I have, the less I am likely to use it.
    If you got it, you have nothing to prove.
    Now, on the other hand, in the right situation with a worthy adversary, I will go there.

6. JCAT

JCAT In Second Gear

Sweet how many years at the mcDS? Lol