My 55 Crown Vic hot rod.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rowen L Love, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Rowen L Love

Rowen L Love In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

I've been asked to post a few pics o my 55 Fairlane Crown Victoria. For some reason it keeps telling me my files are to large. Can anyone help with this issue?

2. Rowen L Love

3. Rowen L Love

So far the only one it has let me load. I'll keep trying.

4. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

you can open them up in paint and shrink them if necessary, there is a size limit. drop by 50% or 75% in size and try again.

5. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Ohhhh, that's nice. My dad told me about his Navy buddy's 312-powered Vicky, and how they made a WOT run across the Suisun Bridge once, pushing the top of the speedo!

As for sizing, if you still have trouble, you can email them to me at silvertwinkiehobo@gmail.com, and I can resize them, send them back.

6. Rowen L Love

Thanks, I am a tech dino and I dont know what "paint" is, but I'll mess with my phone and see what I can achieve.

pmrphil and HuevosRanchero like this.
  7. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

aahhh I was just assuming a PC windows has a built in paint program, might be something similar on your phone depending on what type it is.

8. Rowen L Love

20200425_093222.jpg

9. Rowen L Love

Naw, it's an old android. I dont own a computer. Never had use for one I guess. I'm jus an old retired carpenter.

10. Rowen L Love

180510_094118_4.jpeg 180510_094118_6.jpeg

Attached Files:

HuevosRanchero and Lincolnut like this.
  11. Rowen L Love

I have no idea how/why the boat got in there. Been trying to load several pics. Guess I'm jus to darn old and or incompetent, lol.

12. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Crap, ya sound just like ME !! :oops::confused:

Rowen L Love likes this.
  13. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

LOVE the salt flats wheels, and would like to see more of those valve covers.

14. Lincolnut

Lincolnut In Third Gear

One of my first resto projects was a '55 Club Sedan and we painted it the same colors as your hot rod.....Sold it long before I could do it right.....Would love to have it back. Those valve covers would be good to look at.....

15. Rowen L Love

Got the one of my stroker 292, 304 ci to load. 57 t-bird 292, 312 crank and rods, 10.5/1 domed probe pistons, clay smith 292s cam, balanced and blueprint. Custom rockers. Custom headers. Mild ported ECZ-G heads. Mummert blue thunder intake. Edelbrock 600. Pertronix II flame thrower. 93 mustang WCT5 11" clutch w/mummert adapter. Hurst pro billet shifter. Traction master bars. Power front dick brakes. Dyno sheet 304 hp, 330 to. She will smoke em through the first 3 years, will squeal 4th. I built this car for that purpose. So I could smell burnt rubber anytime I want.

Attached Files:

Anton Olafsson, Lincolnut and LSChero like this.
  16. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome Rowen.Beautiful crown vic!Had a 55CV and 56 vicky (titty pink and white)back in 73.Got orders overseas and had to sell em both.
    When I got discharged,found a perfect 56 vicky 292.3spd manual OD and bought it.Took a lot of years but brought her back to mostly OE.
    Sold it in 2009.Sometimes I miss her but I do enjoy my Rancheros!
    079.JPG 080.JPG 081.JPG

17. Rowen L Love

Oh man, shes a beauty! 55-56 are my favorite yrs. I really dig the Victoria's roof line. Those are gorgeous with all the windows down. They look chopped from the factory. Very nice work. You say you did it yourself? You have way more skills than I do. I did all my mechanicals but would never consider trying to do the body. Mine is buckskin brown n snowshoe white. It was painted in 73. Got a couple dings but in GREAT shape. Interior was done same time. I put the buckets in and kept the inserts from the bench in order to keep it consistent. Reason I know it was done in 73 is the insert had a 73 date code stamped on it. Has some staining but again, looks GREAT.

18. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Last paint(shop)was early 90s.All bright work re-chromed or polished.Headliner,seats(merc style pleat) done by others.Like you I did all the
    labor.292 bored 30,forged truck crank,flat tops,312 G heads,57 manifolds,holley 600,isky cam,T85 truck over drive.Did the show tours for a few years,but got burned out.Put around 15K miles on the last 20 years.Was going to freshen up again with stock interior,give paint wet cut and buff,but guy at pleasanton show may me offer I didnt refuse.Vicky now lives on down under in Australia.
    [​IMG]

Lincolnut, Rowen L Love and Jimbob like this.
  19. Rowen L Love

First off I want to say thanks to silvertwinkiehobo for resizing these pics for me so I can post em! Some great folks on this site! First pic is the day I picked it up from the California Automobile Museum in Sacramento. I was very excited to have her! The rest are self explanatory. Hope yall enjoy em. PSX_20200902_021140.jpg PSX_20200902_021109.jpg PSX_20200902_021042.jpg PSX_20200902_021013.jpg

Jimbob, Lincolnut, Minotaur and 3 others like this.
  20. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I think I may have seen your Vicky, if the museum used to be called the Towe Automotive Museum, just down the street from the California State Rail Museum. If it was from the Towe Museum, they had a '75 Monarch 2-door with a McCullough-supercharged 302 I certainly would've loved to have, for five grand, back in the Summer of '98.