My 67 Rebuild...

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Alans67Rancho, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Alans67Rancho

Alans67Rancho In Second Gear

Well here she is. She aint much to look at now. Pulled the engine/trans out a few days ago to prep for puting in floor pans. Unfortunately the damage is not limited to just the floor pans. The entire area behind the seats where the bed overlaps is gone. The rear fender wells are rotted through as well as a couple of subframe spots. So it needs A LOT of patch work. In the meantime, Ive been checking the engine over to see what shape its in. It runs great but I wanted to get some compression numbers to verify. If it checks out, she'll get a 4v intake and street demon and all new gasket while I have it out. Same thing for the C4. Filter kit and front/aft seals and Im gonna drive it. Im leaning heavily towards a gearvendors OD in the future since I will be commuting in this. I can go to all the trouble of putting an aod but it just doesnt make sense when you compare the time/cost and the end result. Anyways, I'll update the thread as my money gets spent.

Not sure whats up with uploading pics on this site. Says theyre too big?? How do I fix that?

2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

One way is to join a website such as supermotors (https://www.supermotors.net) where you can upload your pictures and then link them here in your posts. I've done that in the past and still periodically link in photos I Put-up there years ago. Since we changed to the current website software which gave us a little larger file size upload directly to the site, I open the picture up in powerpoint or other photo/graphics software and then save the picture as a jpeg (.jpg) file and that usually is reduced in file size enough to post it here.

3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Check my post in your thread in the New Member Welcome Center.

TestDummy likes this.
  4. Alans67Rancho

Alright thanks to @handy_andy_cv64 for resizing my overgross pics. First pic is of some old 16" crown vic wheels I scored a decade ago that were intended for another fairlane I had but ended up parting out. Im still sizing them to make sure I have the needed clearance. The next pic of the cab, you can see where some novice started pulling up the passenger pan before he realized he was in WAY over his head. In the words of Dirty Harry "A man has GOT to know his limitations". So I'll stick to things I know :) The last pic is just a shot of the front end. I'll get better pics when I pull it outside to pressure wash before sending it off to the -real- floor pan man.
    67chero3 (640x480).jpg 67chero2 (1) (640x480).jpg 67chero1 (640x360).jpg

Attached Files:

5. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Sweet

6. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

See, I told you I knewed she was purty! Looks good, nice project there.

7. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Love the milk crate !!! Looks like it's gonna make a great piece.

Alans67Rancho likes this.
  8. handy_andy_cv64

Is the paint color black?

9. Alans67Rancho

Yes

TestDummy likes this.
  10. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

So are you thinking stock, modified, or custom?

11. Alans67Rancho

All of the above. It will be a mix match of what I have on hand at the moment from 2 cars to get it going and then I'll start making some more power later on when I get allocated some funds. As for now, the wife has me remodeling the first floor of our house. Projected finish date of mid summer 2019. Been at it a year almost...

What do yall recommend for seats? Ive got the original bench but Id prefer buckets with headrest in case of a rear ending. Anyone try aftermarket seats? I tend to have lower back pain so Im temped to put seats in from a car that Ive ridden in and can find in the boneyard. This will be a long distance cruiser so good seats are imperative.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  12. handy_andy_cv64

If you need lumbar support, a set of Explorer 8-way front seats with lumbar bag might help. The only downside is you'd have to fab up brackets to install the fronts of the seat bases.

Alans67Rancho likes this.
  13. cbolt

I installed ProCar Scat 90's in my 67. They are comfortable, not outrageous looking, and really look great. There is a thread started by beerbelly with pics of my installed seats as I am an internet tard and cannot post pics personally.

Aftermarket, but I doubt you have ridden in a vehicle with those seats before to judge their comfort with regards to your lower back. What I did find is with the proper brackets anything should fit okay. The 67 is fairly wide and buckets are pretty much buckets. You may have to get creative with the seat brackets is all.

Alans67Rancho and ForistellFord like this.
  14. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Alan, here are the photos of cbolt's Scat ProCar 90 seats. Really nice look for a 60's car.

20181129_083129_resized.jpg 20181129_083138_resized.jpg 20181129_083149_resized.jpg

15. Alans67Rancho

New pans! My buddy did a fantastic job imo! Seam sealer, Por15, and insulation coming in the mail today. Going to try and hit it hard the next few weeks on my off days to try and get this car road legal. Picking up a 5.0 later today too...
    Thanks to Andy for the pics..
    IMG_0009 (640x480).jpg IMG_0010 (640x480).jpg IMG_0011 (640x480).jpg IMG_0012 (640x480).jpg IMG_0013 (640x480).jpg IMG_0014 (640x480).jpg

16. Alans67Rancho

I think I'll start trying to video the updates. Its hard to appreciate the floor pan work just in picture form.

17. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Looking good! A lot of effort there for sure.

TestDummy likes this.
  18. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That's some great metal fab on the floor. Some grinding and you'll never know it was replaced. Should be better (stronger and last longer) than the stock one was back in 67.

ForistellFord likes this.
  19. Alans67Rancho

He guessed he had about 60 hours in it. Had it back to me in less than 3 weeks and he works full time too.

ForistellFord likes this.
  20. cbolt

I love what he did in the cubby!