my 72 & Tom's 70

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by sarah, Aug 21, 2005.

1. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

We came....we saw.....and for awhile.....we raced....
    [​IMG]
    Tom Thornburg on the left and the big guy on the right is my Husband, Klaus
    [​IMG]
    Tom's 70
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    our two babies resting after running hard...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[ August 23, 2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: sarah ]

2. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I bet you are still findin rubber ...
    and still will for weeks.
    Maybe next trip a red 66 will wax your doors....
    Then there will be Three...

[ August 21, 2005, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: As Is '66 ]

3. westler91

westler91 Guest

Wow nice pics........!!!

4. sarah

Thanks, unfortunately as I've said before it got dark and all I had was a little point & shoot so they did okay..no flash...but I tried, so Tom wants to do some things, my hubby wants to do some things and then maybe next year we'll get down to lower numbers. We had a great time

5. Hey Guys, Let me tell you Sarah is the real deal. After a quick hello she flopped on the ground and opened her cutouts on her headers with her bare hands and heat still rising off the engine. She is a real serious Ranchero fan and racer, and one nice lady to boot. Take care, Tom p.s. I had a chance to play music for and meet the Indy Race Car Drivers Sunday. Nice folks but definately not NASCAR. They have their chefs travel with them. Not Beer and Brauts, trust me.

6. 50J03

50J03 In Fourth Gear

Hey Tom & Sarah what track were you at? Looks like a lot of fun...Thanks for the pictures. I should be able to spot you folks at the GoodGuys show now. :cool:

I helped judged a 60+ car, car show at Heritage Square this weekend. Saw some of the nicest Shelby's I've ever seen. No Rancheros :-(

I also hooked up with the Mile High Falcon Club for their yearly BBQ. Nice enough folks...

7. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I was able to watch the race on TV but wish I had been there friday nite with y`all,Our Sarah is definitely 100% GOOD people...and No surprize She does her own Uncappin of headers and any thing else it takes to RUN ...She loves her truck!!!

8. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

:eek: Wouldnt want to try to steal your car and be met by Klaus :D

9. sarah

Oh come on...Tom will tell you Klaus is a very nice guy, my biggest complaint of him is that sometimes he's too nice...Thank you for the compliment Tom...remember I was the pit crew chief I had work to do. Joe that is the track down in Pueblo. I never get told when they have the all Ford show at Bandimere, if you here let me know. The hubby and I would love to do that one. Billy, Klaus isn't the one to worry about if the truck comes up missing...sometimes he wishes it would go away... :D :D :D but myself on the other hand...

10. Rancherous

11. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Enough already......What ET's did you guys run?

12. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Shes a 5.0 EATER so she had to do better than 14s

13. sarah

If you read other posts elsewhere...you'd know. My truck's lowest time for the night...note: off the street and no adjustments for fuel...16.2 the first 10 seconds was all burnout...we need to get some sticky tires to bring the time down...we need to re jet the carb so it gets more fuel...put the electronic ignition back in and maybe.....

And Carl.....this is rude but.....here goes....I try not to eat 5.0's blech..... [​IMG]

14. Rancherous

What intake are you running Sarah?

15. sarah

Edelbrock Performer with the 750 Holley

16. Rancherous

I would honestly ditch the Performer and buy a Blue Thunder not a cheap piece but a hell of a dual plane intake. I would say the best out there right now. But if you only hit the track once in a while stick with what you have.

17. sarah

That is what was on the truck when we bought it. Actually Klaus wants to either supercharge it or what he really wants to do is order a BDS blower...We have the stock hood to chop up.

18. Rancherous

You have to be very careful with a Cleveland as the block is the weakest part of the engine. If you push 450-550 HP you are very close to the breaking point. You can fill your block with filler to add strength but you may have cooling problems because you fill some of the water jackets. I love the Cleveland BUT if I were going to build a beast I would go with an aftermarket Windsor block. A FMS or Dart similar to the NASCAR blocks for strength. I would hate to see you shatter a motor. Here is a different one for you to think about if you know a good welder and a pipe bender. How about a Turbo Charged Cleveland? With a Turbo you have no belt to drive your engine therefore producing more power than a blower and its free power no belts required.

19. sarah

Exactly...I told the hubby because of the limited amount built like mine I want to keep it as true as possible. Right now if a person wanted to...it could be back to original fairly easily. We've discussed it...He is a little bit tired of not being able to find the right parts for the Cleveland so he wants to get a little 62-65 to build up to look like mine, throw a nasty Windsor together with an automatic, Tub it and call it mini me with attitude. That's the plan anyway.

20. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

no thats not rude but I saw the times you posted am was rubbing it in a little. all in fun of course :D

But you told me the other day......
    Not this is a cool idea!!!!!
    [ August 23, 2005, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: 5.0 Chero ]