My cheap BT hack into a stock 72 AM Radio

Discussion in 'Car and Home Audio' started by Shok, May 25, 2016.

1. Shok

Shok In Third Gear

Shoved about 20 bucks worth of parts into the AM Radio for this:

I can give more details if anyone wants, its hacky but seems to work well, just need to see if it lasts.

2. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, I'd like to hear about your work. I don't think I have anything that uses bluetooth, yet, but I might some day.

3. Shok

Shok In Third Gear

So I don't have pics of the construction, but it all centers around this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nobsound®-Blu...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
    Basically I removed enough of the stock guts to make room, connected the back of the stock volume knob to where the BT units knob formally was and that was it. I did have to cut the metal on the case to make room. If I did this for a customer I would probably replace the case sections with ABS.
    Also a lot of hot clue was involved, we will see how that lasts......
    The unit is hooked up to a couple of Pioneer 6x9 speakers I had from another project, sound is very good but a balance control would be nice as well as an EQ, but I'm being picky as this is 1000 times better than what the car came with and was inexpensive.

JimmyMac and 71 Whitesale like this.
  4. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Maximum Overdrive

I want to do something similar while still keeping it AM... If not, I may get a NOS AM radio (as mine doesn't have one) and install it, then add stereo speakers in the cargo area underneath the bed and add an aftermarket stereo in the glovebox!

JimmyMac likes this.