My In Process Pics

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by KAB, Nov 14, 2019.

1. KAB

KAB In Second Gear

I never posted any pics of my 73 GT because it was a heap. Its just about road ready. It needs exhaust and front and rear glass. I'm running open headers now. I'm in the process of wet sanding it. Probably won't get painted for a while.

Attached Files:

Boiler92, HuevosRanchero and LSChero like this.
  2. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Second Gear

Looking good. Thanks for sharing.

3. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

What he said ^^^

Joseph

4. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Fourth Gear

Are you kidding this is a heap,not yours.
    Dang wish my heap looked that nice Screenshot_20191116-003421_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191116-003953_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191116-004152_Gallery.jpg

Boiler92 likes this.
  5. KAB

KAB In Second Gear

She wasn't always that pretty:D. It took a lot of swearing and broken knuckles to make her look this good. She looked kind of rough when a got her. Motor and heat ducts were plugged with mouse nests.:confused: That was a treat to clean up.

Attached Files:

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Kiwirancher likes this.
  7. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

No joking around- that's some amazing work you've done on that car TD.

Kiwirancher likes this.
  8. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

I love your rear-seat option. Makes it look like a Subaru Brat. ;)

My hat is off to you. I would never be able to bring something like that to its former glory. Give me a wrench, and I'll work on it all day. Give me body work, and I'll run away from it all day.

Joseph

9. Rods N Restos

Why do think my screenname means
    Rods N Restorations is my shop and what I do, build Hot Rods and Restorations on Classic Automobiles.

Been in Auto Body Industry for 36 years,I-CAR Certified in Heavy Collision & Refinishing.

Have had 1 of my builds in 3 Magazines by owner I did it for and current owner said he got it in 2 magazines but never seen them or have copies of.
    Had a friend who built race car chassis so learned some stuff helping him on his builds.
    Done alot of customizing in my career and fabricating metal patches as not every sheet metal can be purchased and started doing it in the 80's before all these companies making aftermarket replacement sheet metal so had to learn how to bend and shape metal and weld it on vehicle to where it looks factory

Spent many years cutting wrecked cars apart and replacing metal and parts to make them look new again so all of my skills over the years has made me into a top notch Restoration & Custom shop

https://www.facebook.com/Rods-N-Restorations-227678330667315/

10. Rods N Restos

Seat in bed was previous owner replaced original seat and was trying to patch rusted floors with screwed and pop riveted metal.
    It's not worth fixing the floor and will cut it all out to the rockers and start fresh with all new metal.
    I may raise floor even with top of rockers to give room for side exhaust tucked up to where it won't rub as it will have lower ride height.
    Might port the exhuast tips out through the side of rockers instead of under them

11. Rods N Restos

Screenshot_20191126-125905_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191126-125916_Gallery.jpg My bed was full of parts and trash too.
    It all got wet for years so it's now all scrap metal.
    I had to remove it before towing so nothing would fall out going down the road.
    Here is pile of rusted and corroded parts that was in bed and now scrap metal
    Screenshot_20191126-133837_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  12. Rods N Restos

The seat in bed did remind me of the Subaru Brat.
    Had a friend in the early 80's that had one.
    This is the Deluxe model with plush seats,LOL
    Screenshot_20191126-130003_Gallery.jpg

colnago likes this.
  13. Saff54

Saff54 In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Nice job kab,looking sweet!

KAB likes this.
  14. Rods N Restos

15. KAB

KAB In Second Gear

Thanks for info, I will keep that in mind. Unfortunately, I am not a body or paint guy. I am just wet sanding it to smooth the crappy paint job the previous owner did. I will be looking for a body shop in a year or so to align the body panels and paint the beast. You know anyone good and affordable;).